View Single Post
Old 8th January 2021, 10:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

I START COUNTING
A young Jenny Agutter stars as a girl growing up in an English village, who struggles with her feelings towards her older foster brother, compounded by the fact she suspects he may be involved in a series of murders in the area.
A cross between a coming of age film and a murder mystery, this gem from 1969 has an excellent performance from Ms Agutter ( who also contributes a lovely interview on the extras ). This little seen gem is now available on Blu Ray and is well worth seeking out.

DEMONIA
Devil worshipping nuns crucified centuries ago return as ghosts to take revenge, in this latter day Fulci.
When I watched this for the first time years a ago, I thought it was Fulci’s worst film. Watching it again all these years later on Severin’s Blu Ray.... I still think it’s his worst film! Boring, confusing, poorly edited and with some poorly done special effects. Acting performances are pretty naff too.
Latter day Fulci was never his best, but I still find stuff to enjoy in the likes of AENIGMA, MANHATTAN BABY, HOUSE OF CLOCKS etc. but this one is a struggle to get through.