Thread: Video Nasties
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2021, 06:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
my 'handful' of DPP39 I've not seen actually turns out to be almost half of them Some I'm not interested in because from the trailers they look crap (Snuff, Faces of Death), but I would be interested to hear what's worth seeking out.
  • Axe (also known as Lisa, Lisa and California Axe Massacre)
  • The Beast in Heat (original title: La Bestia in Calore)
  • Blood Rites (also known as The Ghastly Ones)
  • Cannibal Apocalypse (original title: Apocalypse Domani)
  • The Cannibal Man (original title: La Semana del Asesino)
  • Don't Go in the Woods
  • Exposé (also known as House on Straw Hill)
  • Faces of Death
  • Fight for Your Life
  • Gestapo's Last Orgy (original title: L'ultima orgia del III Reich)
  • The House on the Edge of the Park (original title: La casa sperduta nel p arco)
  • Love Camp 7
  • Madhouse
  • Mardi Gras Massacre
  • Night of the Bloody Apes (original title: La Horripilante bestia humana)
  • Night of the Demon
  • Snuff
  • SS Experiment Camp (original title: Lager SSadis Kastrat Kommandantur)
  • The Werewolf and the Yeti (original title: La Maldicion de la Bestia)
Cannibal Apocalypse, Exposé, Fight for Your Life, The House on the Edge of the Park id say are the ones worth seeking out.

Depending on your tolerance for Nazi sexploitation i'd say Gestapo's last orgy is the best one, it's better made film than the other ones by a long way but it's also the most disturbing, if you have to see one i'd recommend this one.

You either know or not whether Faces of death will be your thing but a lot of it is fake anyway, the narration is pretty cheesy though from what i remember.

The rest aren't as impressive but i've enjoyed a lot of them and a lot have their moments, like the dick ripping bigfoot in Night of the demon.

Cannibal Man is a more serious film which is decent enough but is more of a psychological horror than gorefest, Madhouse is well made and watchable but not particularly outstanding.

Most of the others can be enjoyed on a stupid bad movie level, i get a lot of entertainment from these kind of films but it depends on your own taste, or lack of in my case.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.