View Single Post
Old 4th March 2010, 07:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes it was passed with 12 minutes of cuts in 1981.

Having seen the uncut version I can't say that surprised me in the least.

Just assuming that it will be submitted to the BBFC, it is very, very unlikely to pass uncut today. As is almost always the case with these type of films it does contain several scenes featuring sexually exploitative violence directed at naked or semi naked women. The scene that will have the most problems is the gun point rape at 36m. Over here the gun is used to penetrate the woman. There is also focus on her nudity as she is being mauled. Sorry but I can't see all this getting through the BBFC. Scene ends with her seemingly responding in a positive way, judging by the way she is touching her breasts. As far as UK censorship is concerned this will only makes matters worse.

Apart from this the film seems almost obsessed with female masturbation as there are numerous scenes throughout the film showing this - unsimulated as well. Might have to be cut. This is after all an exploitation film.

Also the earlier scene showng a woman being sexually abused by a nazi officer using his shoe. Does contain some brief but explicit shots.

One things for sure it's a lot stronger than SS Experiment Camp.

I'm pretty sure Red Nights will have to be cut here albeit much less severely than in 1981.

Perhaps Vince will want to add something. Have you seen the film, Vince?