View Single Post
Old 15th October 2021, 06:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Candyman 3: Day of the Dead

Oh, Lord.

I just watched this, and I honestly don't know what happened in this. Our protagonist is the daughter of the protagonist from Candyman 2, which effectively has this 1999 film take place in 2020 Los Angeles (one year after Blade Runner!!!). Anyways, all this nonsense about cursed amulets from the second film is abandoned, and Candyman shows up again killing people. There's a cult, crooked cops, Latino stereotypes, and Rena Riffel rubbing honey over her breasts and thrusting her arse into the camers. I'm not complaining that part.

Candyman 3 is dreadful. The acting is horrendous. Poor Tony Todd is doing what he can, but he looks like he was crying between takes. Our lead is played by Donna D'Errico, a former Playmate and graduate of the Anna Nicole Smith School of Acting, and owner of the worst scream since the lousy scream that kickstarted the plot of Blow Out.

Shockingly, the end credits states that this was shot on film. Candyman 3 looks extremely digital. Maybe it's due to the strong usage of terrible, terrible CGI. The swarming bees look like coffee grounds on glass, and the finale is something from a rubbish Highlander sequel. I mean, look at this trash!

Attachment 236954

Straight from the hottest PC video game of 2001.

Candyman 3 is a miserable excuse of a film. It looks like shit. It sounds like shit. And the actors are shit. It's shit.
Did we really need a third installment? So glad I'm not the only one who found this to be shit, I surprised myself by making it all the way through this one. Gotta hand it to Tony Todd, you can tell he was trying to keep it going with people who can't act, Bernard Rose was asked to pen a script that would explore more urban legend and thanks to studio execs we got this instead.