View Single Post
Old 4th February 2022, 06:09 PM
Thompson

Default Resident Evil 4 is great, but not for being a horror game...

Honestly, here.

Slupers online constantly praise RE4. But in my opinion, it's not even really a horror game. All you do is shoot.

I see so many people on forums like GameFAQs, acting like this is the best one. They probably never even played, nor liked the earlier games, because they say the camera angles are too daunting for them, or they are not as action heavy, so this probably bores them.

This is why I honestly hate Capcom for making the series into action. However, it did get the franchise out of a slump.

But yeah, man. RE4 isn't even that scary. The fact that a masked guy sells you stuff too, just doesn't make it horrifying. And each game pretty much got worse, until RE7 came along. But even that was just copying horror film scenes, and Ethan has a concealed face.

Sorry, but RE4, while it is good to play, isn't even that scary.

I am rather concerned about the upcoming remake. Capcom is known to be lazy and rush games out, for a quick profit. After all, the RE3 reimagining was absolutely atrocious. Yet slupers even find some degree of enjoyment in that. It's just awful.