View Single Post
Old 4th February 2022, 08:59 PM
Cultist

I disagree. I think the start of the game is most definitely a horror and very suspenseful as are a few other times in the game too.

This was literally the game that had got me back into and hooked on gaming it was so good. I had a PS1 in the 90s, but grew tired of it and just let it gather dust from 2000 onwards. I bought a PS2 sometime in the 2000s but barely played it and wasn't sure why I ever bought it. I then in early 2006 bought Resident Evil 4 and this got me hooked on gaming ever since.

The scene at the start when you are walking towards the villiage with the suspense music playing I remember being on edge. Then when the villagers spot you and all come at you and you are trying to find anywhere to hide from them and then the invincible chainsaw wielder comes out and almost every time killed no matter where you tried to hide. During this time the suspense was at number 11 for me.

Same goes a few more times in the game.

The game has the Staw Dogs type effect on me where you are stuck in a cabin with people trying to come in and get you and you don't know when they will stop and you don't have much ammo to stop them and they are unrelenting.

I honestly cannot think of any other game that knocked me for six as much as Resident Evil 4 did other than the first Ninja Gaiden game.