View Single Post
Old 15th March 2022, 05:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Taste The Blood Of Dracula. 1970.

Three respectable Englishmen resurrect the Count with the help of a disciple, when his disciple is killed, Count Dracula seeks revenge.

I'm unsure how long after the events of the previous film this one is set, it does start where Taste The Blood Of Dracula finishes and we are introduced to a peddler named Weller played by Roy Kinnear who witnessed the demise of Dracula and gathers his cloak, clasp, ring and Blood.

Geoffrey Keen (James Bond franchise), Peter Sallis (Last of the Summer Wine), and John Carson (Plague of Zombies and Captain Cronos) play the rich gentlemen who look for excitement and come across Lord Courtley played brilliantly by Ralph Bates (Fear in The Night) to perform a black mass and that's when all hell breaks loose.

Even though Roy Kinnear doesn't have a big part, he is able to deliver his dialogue with great fear explaining what Courtley wants and who it belongs to and what it may be used for. The church used does have the dark Gothic feel with great cinematography and moody light, even outside in the dark you can feel the gloomy atmosphere. Christopher Lee seems more frightening in this one than the previous films and good effects for when his blood meets fresh blood in a glass. May not be my favourite in the franchise due to the ending but still entertaining.

Attachment 239448
Along with (Horror of) Dracula (1958) this is my favourite Dracula film. Not just Hammer but of any Dracula film, vampire film in fact.

I love how it basically shows that distinguished Victorian gentlemen can be just as nasty and corrupt (If not more so) than a bloodsucking creature of the night. In fact i'd argue that Keen is the real monster in the film and not Dracula.