View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2022, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They're Outside (2020, Airell Anthony Hayles/ Sam Casserly)

FF.
When a rather conceited "expert" accepts the challenge of tackling a severe case of agoraphobia, all bets are off after she relates a local legend which may pertain to her condition.
For all that, the most I got out of this was seeing Boof (Emily Booth) again ahem. The male lead is an ARSEHOLE, and I couldn't wait for him to get his. Even that was limp.

Commando Ninja (2018, Ben Combes)

If you're basically just going to make a homage to Predator (and Commando), then why set it in 1986????
Only quibble really, as this is a laugh riot literally.
A lone wolf survives the hell that was Vietnam only to fall foul of a tinpot dictator. The references will make you smile and groan at the same time. Well, that's what I did anyhow
It's only an hour and a bit!!

Preternatural (2016, Gav C. Steel)

FF. Two friends audition actors for a "horror spoof" set in the woods. This was an oddity, as the "main plot" seemed to be more of a contrivance rather than the actual events that occur. A brave attempt at something different or needlessly "meta" ?? Hmm.
A group travel into rural England in search of scary stuff and well, they find it tbh. This was the problem really, the framework is bog standard for this genre (outsiders trample over ancient myths and pay the cost) and the wild swerve it takes just as this is coming to fruition, well, I can see some shutting it off to be fair .... maybe budgetary limits meant they chose to develop the "meta" element as that don't need no FX ... who knows. Haven't been as infuriated with a film since Midslumber tbh.
NEXT!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]