Thread: Games Talk
View Single Post
Old 20th July 2022, 12:14 AM
Thompson

Default Resident Evil on Netflix. Pointless, indeed...

I've yet to watch any episodes. But to be honest, I don't think I'm over the moon about it.

I'm actually fed up of Capcom and the industry in general, milking franchises. Capcom has been messing up RE now for years, with these half-assed games, and remakes, and their undying love for revisiting Raccoon City.

Just how many takes can you do on the same story, really? They had the city destroyed in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, a video game from all the way back in 1999 on the PS1. Yet every few years or so, I hear something about a remake, an animated series, a movie reboot, a TV adaption, or whatever, that is set in the year 1998. Although it's more or less supposed to be the same premise, just altered each time. Then fans notice things get cut, or changed. It's absolutely dumb, and it's not advancing things ahead.

But hey. You know they're churning out more RE content like the RE4 remake, because it's a series where so many simpletons relish defending the cut content. Capcom knows it, too. No-one puts their foot down anymore. Plus, even though RE4 is not all that scary, that's the game that fans seem to support the most, so it already got so many ports over the years, to the point you could even play it on a mobile phone.

Like, if I'm going to pay over £40 for a new game, even if it is a remake of some overrated, fake ass, horror shooter from 2005, considering how the price of games is going up, we want value for our money. Not some walk in the park, like the RE3 remake was.

RE4 is a great game, but saying it's truly linked to the older games, is laughable. Technically, it is, but it doesn't feel like it's even really much of a sequel to anything, mostly because the gameplay and the story is so different from everything built upon in the previous entries.