View Single Post
Old 8th October 2023, 11:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Default Round-up Post

I'm rubbish at keeping on top of the reviews so here is a little round-up of the past few days!

Wed 4th
Scream 3 (2000)

Easily the worst of the original films, but still has enough to make it worth a watch. Parker Posey steals the show with an insane performance of 'Hollywood Gale'.

Thu 5th
Lost Boys: The Tribe (2008)

Wait, so it turns out that Corey Feldman isn't a good actor... lol

This was not a good film at all, but I still quite enjoyed it, surfing vampires! Frat Bro vamps pranking each other were very annoying though, I miss Kiefer and gang. Looking forward to the next installment!

Fri 6th
Blood and Black Lace (1964)

It was almost 8 years since I last saw this, the new 4k has just come out, but instead of buying it again (when my bluray has sat unwatched for 8 years) I paid £4 to buy the digital 4k edition. It's a good film in aesthetics and direction, but the story is thin. That being said, who doesn't love seeing international models being shoved off this mortal coil in inventive ways?

Sat 7th
Scream and Scream Again (1970)

What was that all about? There are so many story strands going on it's hard to keep up, I think it could easily do without the political angle and just focus on the mad scientist part. I enjoyed it though, didn't have a bloody clue what was going on for the first 30 mins, but it was good fun!

Sun 8th
Bedlam (1946)

This seemed like a good Sunday afternoon film. Part melodrama and part horror. Imagine being locked in an asylum out of spite! Great performances by Karloff and Anna Lee, not so good from Richard Fraser as the bricklaying quaker! It was as if he was reading his lines from a board held behind the camera! The WB Archive disc looks amazing, great restoration from the original nitrates.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky