View Single Post
Old 12th October 2023, 08:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Default Another Catch-Up Post!

Another Catch-Up Post!

Mon 9th Oct
The Ghoul (1933)

Well I hate to say it, I found this pretty boring, with a few good bits and one of those cheat endings we all hate However, I extracted the audio commentary by Stephen Jones and Kim Newman from my DVD and listened to it with my headphones while out for a walk. Much better than the movie was

Tue 10th Oct
Two Orphan Vampires (1997)

Jean Rollin's late period vampire epic, where really not a lot happens. Two blind girls get pimped off by the nuns to the first daddy to come along, who just happens to be an eye surgeon Only these girls aren't really blind, they're vampires who lose their sight in daytime only for it to come back in the evening. We get to go on nighttime adventures with the two girls and meet strange people and victims alike. I'd never seen this one before, fearing that the later films wouldn't be as good, but I honestly loved this.

Wed 11th Oct
Dolls (1987)

Annoying kid alert! Also annoying adults and two weird old people
I do like this one really, but it is also kind of shit haha, those two punk girls are amazing though; they're punk through the eyes of someone who doesn't know what punk is. I liked the bit where punk girl #1 gets her face smashed against the wall

Thu 12th Oct
The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (1974)

A blind spot in my Hammer viewing, so tonight's first time watch was a bit of a wild ride. I didn't expect to see so much blood or so many boobs! The 70s are in full swing here. The story itself is 100% hokum, but there are some brilliant visuals. The flashback scene while Van Helsing is giving his lecture is amazing. The undead rising from their graves, spooky! Really enjoyed it even if it's nothing like a Hammer film or a Shaw Brothers production either.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky