View Single Post
Old 16th January 2024, 10:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Robbery (1967)

Cracking British crime film starring Stanley Baker, James Booth, Barry Foster and Joanna Pettet among others, about a gang led by Baker who plan to hit a Royal Mail train carrying three million in cash.

Inspired loosely by the actual Great Train Robbery in 1963, this is a gripping and suspenseful thriller throughout. Although it's a favourite of mine i will admit it never actually gets better than the lengthy car chase at the beginning of the film along the streets of London which culminates with both crooks and coppers careering into a load of school children crossing the road. This action sequence was so impressive it got director Peter Yates the Bullit gig with Steve McQueen the following year.

Anyone who enjoys British crime films on the lines of Hell Drivers (1957) The League of Gentlemen (1960), Payroll (1961) and Villain (1971) could do worse than giving this a go.

The Network Blu-ray looks stunning.
First time I watched Robbery I ended up switching off. Was all set to take it to CEX as I found it so dull. For whatever reason I gave it another chance and really enjoyed it. Sometimes mood makes all the difference.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk