View Single Post
Old 27th March 2010, 01:24 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

okay i thought id add another one just for the hell of it, this time though it's in script form and is very long because i couldn't shorten it, it's very dialogue heavy and follows The security guard at the TV station in Dawn who grabs his jacket an leaves after Steven turns up, i always wondered what had happened to him so here we go....

INT. WGON TV STATION - NIGHT

Frank Beauford, 29, security guard waits by the entrance to the control room. Down in the studio, a heated discussion rages in between a medical professional and the Shows host.

Steven, WGON traffic pilot, enters the room. Frank Stops him and Steven shows him his id.

Frank gives up waiting leaves the room and grabs his jacket.

EXT. WGON TELEVISION STATION CARPARK

Frank exits into the carpark. Its dark and there is very little light. He searches for his car, a cherry red '69 Chevrolet Camaro. He hears foot steps behind him getting closer and closer. A hand grabs his shoulder. He reacts by grabing the wrist and throwing the man to the ground only to discover it's his friend, Clifton Millbran.

FRANK
jesus christ Cliff, you scared the living shit outta me. what the hell you doing creeping around in the dark for?

CLIFF
(on the floor)
trying to find out where your going.

FRANK
(helping cliff up)
im getting in my car, slamming my foot on the accellorator and getting the **** outta dodge, you better do the same man, everything's gone to shit.

CLIFF
what's happened?

FRANK
these things are everywhere man, everywhere, not just here, they got reports from all over the states man, Georgia, Texas, Florida, everywhere. They aint gonna be on air for much longer either, The emergancey Broadcast systems gotta kick in at some point.

CLIFF
you heard that congress called a state of the union and placed us all under marshall Law.

FRANK
fat lotta good that's gonna do, They out number us twenty to one. We my friend are as the french say ****ed.

In the distance is the sound of blarring sirens, Ambulances police cars, fire engines, every available emergancy service is out in force.

FRANK
look man, i gotta go, your more than welcome to join me.

CLIFF
where you headed?

FRANK
somewhere cold, isolated and away from all this. My cousin Archie's got a cabin up in cold bay, Alaska, these things wouldn't survive the weather up there, it's the safest place i can think of.

CLIFF
count me in brother, i need to get my shit first. We gotta stop of at my place. that okay by you frank?

FRANK
yeah thats fine but you gotta be fast, hey you got a peice?

CLIFF
i got a twelve gage and snubnose, aint got much ammo though, how bout you?

FRANK
got my old man's 45, got some ammo too.

CLIFF
you wanna leave now?

FRANK
the faster we leave the quicker we'll get to Cold bay.

The men get into Franks car, He turns on the ignition and fires up the beast of an engine. puts it into reverse, backs out and makes his way onto the open pittsburg streets.

EXT. STREET, NIGHT

The Camaro turns out of the car park and onto an eerily empty street, normally busy with commutors on heir way home. Above them they hear the sound of a helicopter. They both look out throught the front windshield and up into the night sky. They spot the WGON traffic copter as it flies off.

FRANK
that's the traffic chopper, i guess they're running too.

CLIFF
it looks like everyone is, come on lets go.

Franks slams on the accelorator and the car speeds off down the road.

FADE OUT

FADE IN

EXT. HIGHWAY, DAWN

The Camaro Hurtles along the highway at an alarming speed, Frank not stopping while hitting the living dead that brainlesly stumble onto the road. Cliff looks down at the Fuel gage.

CLIFF
we're running low frank, we need to find a gas station soon, or we're gonna be stuck out here.

FRANK
there's a gas station about three miles from here, we can make it, even if we're only running on fumes.

Frank speeds up, burning more fuel but hoping the car reaches the gas station.

EXT. LOU'S GAS AND GUZZLE - MORNING

The now Blood red Camaro pulls onto the forecourt of Lou's Fas and Guzzle. A rundown place, not much else around it except for trees and wild life. The Car Rolls over the bell cable making a pinging sound. The car rolls to a stop.

A middle aged man, Fat and balding comes out to the car carring a shotgun. This is Lou.

LOU
you stay right where you are, im sick of you city slicker coming out here and using up all my gas.

FRANK
(through window)
hey old man, we need a fill up, This is a gas station right?

LOU
sure is but you aint getting a drop unless you pay. You got money?

FRANK
yeah we got money, how much you want?

LOU
(still pointing shotgun)
twenty bucks a gallon.

CLIFF
(to Frank)
you hear that, twenty bucks a gallon, this old time looking mother****er's tryin' ta rip us off.

LOU
(pointing to Cliff)
you, yeah you, what you saying boy, i might be old but i know when someone's plottin' something.

FRANK
(to Lou)
come on man, twenty bucks, don't you think thats a bit steep.

LOU
no money no gas, thats business for you son.

FRANK
i got hundred and fifty bucks and a gold watch that's worth around another hundred and fifty, you got at least three hundred bucks there, we want sixty gallons, can you do that friend.

LOU
sixty gallons for three hundred bucks, what you think this place is a goddamn swap meet, you think it's right to prey on old folks, get outta here.

FRANK
look man, i think 300 bucks is more than enough, we aint trying to rip you off we just want some gas and we'll leave you alone, now im gonna get out my car so we can work this out like civilised human beings.

Frank gets out of the car. He raises his hands to show he's not armed.

FRANK
now, im guessing your Lou and this is your place right?, well im frank and my friend in the car is Cliff, we just want to get as far away from here as possible. You know as well as everyone else, that twenty bucks a gallon is extortion, what with everything that's happening, don't you think that you should be doing the right thing?

As soon a frank finishes, He see's a Man stumble out from behind the gas station, His face, ripped to shreds, his jaw hangs only by the tendens in his mouth. He moves wth a slow shuffle. A eery moan bellows from with in him. Lou hears the moan and turns around and and cocks the shotgun but nothing happens, The zombie, grabs him and takes a huge bite out of him arm. He drops the shotgun that fires when it hits the ground, blowing the zombie's leg clean off.

Frank shouts to Cliff.

FRANK
cliff...CLIFF, Shoot it man, Shoot it in the head.

Cliff fires his gun, the bullet pierces the zombies skull blowing his brains out the back of his head. Lou lies on the floor holding his arm that now has a gaping wound in it, blood pumps out of it. Cliff Throws frank the gun. Frank stands over Lou and points the barrel at Lou's head.

LOU
Please don't kill me, Please take the Gas.

FRANK
it's either you or us pal, im sorry.

Frank squeezes the trigger and plants a bullet right into Lou's forehead killing him instantly.

FRANK
poor old bastard.

They fill up the car and drive off along the desolate highway towards the final destination, COLD BAY, ALASKA. POPULATION 88 and falling.