View Single Post
Old 5th April 2010, 12:29 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post

"Natural Born Killers" - Director's Cut

Oliver Stone's vastly superior adaptation of Tarantino's rather lacklustre and bland screenplay (the same happened with the superior adaptation of his "True Romance" too)
actually not much has changed in the True Romance script, as it was not adapted but tweeked by QT and tony Scott together. TR was originally the basis of NBK of which both films were constructed around the screenplay, well elements of Tarantino's My Best Friends Birthday, I liked NBK because Stone took what could have been a Great Single Narative lovers on the lamb kinda film and changed it to a critique on Media and the way the media's Coverage of certain events are shown. This was a good idea otherwise we would have had 2 True Romances, so if this is Stone's Take on TR, then congrats to stone. I think that NBK is a complete one of a kind and the kind of film maybe we may never see again. It's absolutely insane, the direction is nuts, the sound track is fantastic and everyone of the cast members is standout especially Woody Harrelson, who for me has never topped his performance and Tommy Lee Jones who need to make more films like this and the Fugative. If im gonna be completely honest i don't think Oliver stone has made a descent film since this though.