View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 10:52 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

The other day I went on a bit of a film marathon. I introduced my GF to two horror classics

Dawn of the Dead (Arrow Blu-Ray of course)
Texas Chainsaw Masscre (also Blu-ray)

She didnt seem overly impressed by either of them but it was nice to see that TCM still has the power to be genuinely creepy and scary to new viewers.

Then it was off to the cinema where I saw Iron Man II it was a lot better that I was expecting. RDJ is great and the vast amounts of CGI didnt annoy me.

Next I came home and watch my new copy of City of the Living Dead on arrow blu-ray, I was really looking forward to it as I've not seen the film before. The picture quality was fantastic (especally as I heard it was shot on 16mm, but I've no idea if thats correct). It wasnt my favourite Fulci film by a long way, I prefer the ZFE and The Beyond, but it was still very atmospheric and enjoyable. The effects in it are fantastic and I think the power drill to the head is one of the best pratical effects I've seen!!!

I also watched The Losers at the cinema the other night. If you're looking for a no brainer slick action film then you could do a lot worse.