View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 10:41 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User1138 View Post
After having imported discs for many years, I too share the same concerns, but I won't ignore any future releases from them.

A lot of the discs issued by certain American companies have came with a short featurette running around 15 minutes and trailers. Certain famous titles, such as The Beyond have had the special edition treatment in the past and I can't wait to see what Arrow have lined up for this release as the US disc will be difficult to beat.

There are always opportunities for Arrow but they will have to consider what titles to release as they will always have to compete against established companies. If they are willing to invest money in the right titles and extras, then there will be reasons to buy / upgrade and if so then it will be for the fans to decide.
I have to say that in general I have often been disappointed with Anchor Bays extras on the Italian films.

The extras for Deep Red and Inferno are not substantial and while The Beyond was pretty good it can easily be beaten by a good documentary.

The exceptions were Suspiria (50 mins) and Opera (35mins).

But I'm sure I'm not alone in my number one concern being the film must be uncut.

Remember the UK dvd of Last House On the Left in 2003.
Great set of extras but the 30 seconds of cuts rendered the release less important and the uncut R1 was still the disc to buy (until the uncut UK release of course)
That cut AB disc would be impossible to sell for 10p at a boot sale.

With the likelihood of uncut releases of films in other countries it makes the cut ones less desirable to buy .

Anyway , we could keep going round in circles on this one and as the cuts only affect 2 films that I know of it seems a storm in a teacup and if the info I saw posted elsewhere is correct that Deep Red is dvd only I won't be interested anyway even if the extras are outstanding which I'm sure they will be