View Single Post
Old 31st July 2010, 10:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Big Lots is great but it can be hit and miss. This is definitely my best find though. We used to live near DC and the one there barely even had any dvd's let alone anything good but the one down here has been top notch. It's a bit of a trek and there are Big Lots threads on DVD Talk and the Classic Horror Film board so i keep an eye out if stuff I really want turns up. Went a couple of weeks ago and picked up about five things including Incubus with William Shatner, Strangers On A train 2-disc and the original House On Haunted Hill WB edition for $3 each. Picked up all three Shaft movies a while ago for the same. The worst is I'm always finding loads of really good stuff that I already have!

Today they had a couple of the Twisted Terror collection movies and I know someone here was looking for Deadly Friend so I was looking for it to bring back but no luck on that one. They'll occassionally have the barcode slashed for closeout stock like today's one but for the prices it doesn't bother me. I have to admit, $6 for something at Big Lots was expensive but in this case, worth every penny.