View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Both this pursuit and the Blazing Magnums excerpt. Instant classic car chases imo and i'd love to see these films from start to finish.

I seem to recall there being some decent automobile moments in The Armour Of God and Striking Distance too although i'm not 100% sure.

Imo The Rock's car chase seems to spend more time on close-ups of Cage and Connery's faces than the actual vehicles themselves!

Apart from the two Italian clips mentioned above, i reckon The French Connection and Ronin boast some of my fave automobile action. I've never seen The Seven Ups yet despite owning the R1 DVD and Bullitt's car pursuit is totally overrated imo.

There's some nice car chases in The Transporter trilogy too if i'm right.
I agree with the Bullitt chase being a tad overated but it's the originator of on screen chases and for that and The awesome Mustang it had to go at No.3 in my countdown.

i had a lot of trouble with the Transporter because i wanted to have at least one Luc Besson Produced film on the list and it came down to the merc chase in the original Taxi and the opening chase in in Tranporter, i eventually went for Taxi as it was a slightly better chase...