Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The James Bond Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1021-james-bond-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 29th January 2021 07:01 AM

James Bond bosses set to face agonising re-shoots after delays to save product placement deals / The Sun

"FRUSTRATED James Bond chiefs face agonising re-shoots of key scenes after the release of No Time To Die was delayed again – because the super spy’s technology is now out of date.

The 007 franchise has product placement deals for mobile phones and other gadgets, but sponsors are now concerned their wares will no longer be cutting-edge models after almost two years of hold-ups.

They want producers to make changes to scenes where Bond gadget-master Q hands out their kit, in the latest expensive blow to the trouble-hit film.

The move comes after the film’s planned opening was rescheduled for October 2021 — almost two years later than its original premiere date.

And industry sources say the lucrative deals, which have become commonplace in major blockbusters and which help to finance the hugely expensive productions, will still need to be honoured.

An insider said: “The details of the gadgets and things are all kept tightly under wraps, but everyone knows that James Bond always carries the latest kit with him.

“The problem is that some of those things were the very latest models back when they started filming.

“But by the time the movie comes out now it will look like Daniel Craig and all of the other cast members are carrying something that has been out for ages. That isn’t really the point of these deals.

“The big tech firms want the stars to have all the new up-and-coming products to help promote them and sell them to fans.

“It means some of the scenes are going to have to be very carefully edited and looked at to bring things up to date.”

Details of the big-money tie-ins are kept under wraps, but it is understood that mobile phone company Nokia has provided handsets that will feature in the film — while other lucrative deals include Omega watches, Bollinger champagne and Adidas footwear."

Almar@Cult Labs 29th January 2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 645065)
James Bond bosses set to face agonising re-shoots after delays to save product placement deals / The Sun

"FRUSTRATED James Bond chiefs face agonising re-shoots of key scenes after the release of No Time To Die was delayed again – because the super spy’s technology is now out of date.

The 007 franchise has product placement deals for mobile phones and other gadgets, but sponsors are now concerned their wares will no longer be cutting-edge models after almost two years of hold-ups.

They want producers to make changes to scenes where Bond gadget-master Q hands out their kit, in the latest expensive blow to the trouble-hit film.

The move comes after the film’s planned opening was rescheduled for October 2021 — almost two years later than its original premiere date.

And industry sources say the lucrative deals, which have become commonplace in major blockbusters and which help to finance the hugely expensive productions, will still need to be honoured.

An insider said: “The details of the gadgets and things are all kept tightly under wraps, but everyone knows that James Bond always carries the latest kit with him.

“The problem is that some of those things were the very latest models back when they started filming.

“But by the time the movie comes out now it will look like Daniel Craig and all of the other cast members are carrying something that has been out for ages. That isn’t really the point of these deals.

“The big tech firms want the stars to have all the new up-and-coming products to help promote them and sell them to fans.

“It means some of the scenes are going to have to be very carefully edited and looked at to bring things up to date.”

Details of the big-money tie-ins are kept under wraps, but it is understood that mobile phone company Nokia has provided handsets that will feature in the film — while other lucrative deals include Omega watches, Bollinger champagne and Adidas footwear."

With regards to the Nokia handsets perhaps if they can impose a screen shot of Bond playing the latest version of 'Snake' - would that do?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th January 2021 03:00 PM

Those re-shoots might seem silly, but I think they are perfectly understandable. It would be a bit daft to have people in the audience turning to their friend and say "I have a better phone than James Bond. Why is he using a 2019 Nokia?"

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th January 2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 645115)
Those re-shoots might seem silly, but I think they are perfectly understandable. It would be a bit daft to have people in the audience turning to their friend and say "I have a better phone than James Bond. Why is he using a 2019 Nokia?"

I'd hold fire on the reshoots if i were them. if they reshoot now and it's delayed again they might have to go and reshoot a second time the speed tech changes.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th January 2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 645135)
I'd hold fire on the reshoots if i were them. if they reshoot now and it's delayed again they might have to go and reshoot a second time the speed tech changes.

That's what I was thinking. There's no point filming something now if it'll have to be done again in the summer.

They are probably only looking at a couple of scenes (with the rest corrected by CGI), so they may as well wait until the end of the year and for a 2022 release. That way, the vaccine rollout should enable cinemas to open, a premiere to take place, and everything will be safe for a profitable theatrical run.

Susan Foreman 20th March 2021 09:37 AM

Daniel Craig and Catherine Tate for Red Nose Day 2021

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2021 01:18 PM

More BBC preaching!

MrBarlow 19th July 2021 10:23 PM

Found these On YouTube if they have been posted before they can be removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Z8xQEjIks

MrBarlow 19th July 2021 10:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGdzFKno2I4

MrBarlow 19th July 2021 10:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVhmDmKwVvs