Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The James Bond Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1021-james-bond-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 204752)
Yes lol, I think stuff like that when its quiet

We all do.

Paul@TheOverlook 20th December 2011 08:38 PM

I'm a fan of this. Weak-ass ending but it's has some great action sequences and a brilliant Bond girl in Michelle Yeoh.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 204776)
I'm a fan of this. Weak-ass ending but it's has some great action sequences and a brilliant Bond girl in Michelle Yeoh.

...and the best pre credits sequence of the lot.

Paul@TheOverlook 20th December 2011 09:36 PM

I disagree there, actually. Some of my favourites are On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Diamonds are Forever and the Living Daylights. Best pre-credit Brosnan for me is Goldeneye.

Prince_Vajda 21st December 2011 09:05 AM

Tomorrow Never Dies is one of the worst Bond movies ever. After a classic like GoldenEye, I had been expecting another great movie - but the film was a real disappointment. Michelle Yeoh really looks great in it, I agree, but a horrible Bond song, an ugly Bond car (BMW 7 series - a great car for the Federal Reserve chairman, but not for James Bond!), a ridiculous villain, and a stupid story make this Bond a very boring one - and I haven't even mentioned dull Teri Hatcher yet. :fear:

Just my two cents, though - feel free to disagree! :)

Greetings!

PaulD 21st December 2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 204826)
Tomorrow Never Dies is one of the worst Bond movies ever. After a classic like GoldenEye, I had been expecting another great movie - but the film was a real disappointment. Michelle Yeoh really looks great in it, I agree, but a horrible Bond song, an ugly Bond car (BMW 7 series - a great car for the Federal Reserve chairman, but not for James Bond!), a ridiculous villain, and a stupid story make this Bond a very boring one - and I haven't even mentioned dull Teri Hatcher yet. :fear:

Just my two cents, though - feel free to disagree! :)

Greetings!

That's a great song! Very Bond-esque and the best part of the film as far as I'm concerned :)

Paul@TheOverlook 21st December 2011 11:04 AM

TND is far better than World is Not Enough and Due Another Day, IMO.

kingofwitches666 21st December 2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 204854)
TND is far better than World is Not Enough and Due Another Day, IMO.

I enjoyed The World is Not Enough A bit more than TND although I was expecting a bit more out of Robert Carlyle's performance & wasn't particularly enamoured with Denise Richards as a Bond girl, in fact....

Hell Paul! Your right, I've changed my mind. TND is better than TWINE :lol:, but as for Die Another Day. Invisible cars.....

Awful, awful, awful! (& I'm not gonna mention Madonna.... Ahh crap I just did! :doh:)

Paul@TheOverlook 21st December 2011 02:36 PM

Carlyle's character was such a wasted opportunity.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st December 2011 02:56 PM

I thought TWINE developed the character of James Bond, it proved he had no problems killing women and it was all just part of the job.

Die Another Day began really well, again, developing Bond as a rogue (ish) agent, but it all became too sfx heavy upon reaching Iceland. The sword fight is excellent, both actors look like they really mean it.

Madonna's brief performance is ok, but her song is an abomination.