Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The James Bond Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1021-james-bond-thread.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 22nd December 2011 05:38 PM

Thats what I mean, its always the same Bond film on TV

wayfarer 24th December 2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 205201)
For me Serra's score for Goldeneye is ruined because of a lack of use of the Bond theme during the film's action sequences.

By the way, whats TWIME Wayfarer? ;)

oops!;)

The 4th Fella 1st March 2012 08:14 PM

I think Dalton is the best Bond, with his two films being the two best films in the cannon (currently, I have TLD as my #1), followed by Connery's first two, TND and then YOLT. MR, AVTAK and Craigs first two are my least favourites. As for the actors themselves:

1. Dalton
2. Connery
3. Moore
4. Brosnan
5. Lazenby
6. Craig

StrawDog 16th March 2012 08:42 PM

I like Moonraker and much prefer it to the dreadful Octopussy and A View To a Kill. The two Dalton Bonds are really excellent and the action in both films are some of the best in the entire canon. Die Another Day I agree is rubbish. The plot makes no sense and what 007 is after I don't know.

Bringer Of Funerals 17th March 2012 11:15 AM

Ive ordered the Bond 50 Blu ray set

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th March 2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 4th Fella (Post 221192)
I think Dalton is the best Bond, with his two films being the two best films in the cannon (currently, I have TLD as my #1), followed by Connery's first two, TND and then YOLT. MR, AVTAK and Craigs first two are my least favourites. As for the actors themselves:

1. Dalton
2. Connery
3. Moore
4. Brosnan
5. Lazenby
6. Craig

I actually liked Lazenby. OHMSS is also one of the best Bond films imo. A shame he only did the one film. That was a really stupid decision.

Susan Foreman 27th May 2012 06:31 PM

Am watching 'Moonraker' on DVD. Seen it many times before, but surely this HAS to be the movie where Bond 'jumps-the-shark'

What is annoying about this film is the fact that the ones either side of it - 'The Spy Who Loved Me' and 'For Your Eyes Only' are amongst the best of the series

Criterion7 28th May 2012 03:35 AM

Trying to get my head around the whole Heinenken deal. I can't believe Bond's going from vodka martini to beer.

the blob 28th May 2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 245499)
Trying to get my head around the whole Heinenken deal. I can't believe Bond's going from vodka martini to beer.

It's a big shame but considering the film nearly didn't get made with MGM's woes I suppose they haven't much choice these days.

Mind you... Bond isn't blonde, Felix isn't African-American and M isn't a woman so it's all a very different beast now and I'll still take a hard-edged, straighter cold-blooded style over the SFX-laden comedy and unintentional parody it became, whatever he's drinking. :)

antmumford 28th May 2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 245499)

Throughout the whole series of Bond films, James drank many a different variety of drink so having a beer in Skyfall is no different.