All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2013, 12:33 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I don't think i've ever seen Raw Deal, i was always under the impression it was a bit of a clunker.
It's good stuff Dem and on one of the ITV channels every other week or so it seems.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 30th January 2013, 07:46 PM
Cult Addict

The Last Stand is bloody good fun lads, anyone who hasn't seen it yet should before long.
bdc likes this.
Old 30th January 2013, 08:32 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
The Last Stand is bloody good fun lads, anyone who hasn't seen it yet should before long.
Really looking forward to seeing this, Hawky.

It's done pretty badly here though - only just scraped into the top 10 I think. It's Arnie's big proper comeback - everyone should be going crazy for it!
Old 30th January 2013, 08:35 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Really looking forward to seeing this, Hawky.

It's done pretty badly here though - only just scraped into the top 10 I think. It's Arnie's big proper comeback - everyone should be going crazy for it!
Seems to have done pretty badly everywhere! A shame, because it's a really enjoyable film.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I also liked it, but I thought Stormare and Knoxville were underused, and it spent a little bit too much time doing the Fast and Furious thing.
Old 25th February 2014, 06:54 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I've been going a bit Arnie crazy lately, buying and watching a whole bunch of his movies! I've never really gotten into action properly before, but I have been obsessed lately! Buying so many Arnie/Sly films - I'm planning on getting all of their films, along with the other big action stars - Norris, Van Damme, Lundgren, etc

Last film I watched of his was Raw Deal just the other night. The first time I've seen that one and it's probably one of the weakest of his movies. The plot is all over the place, but the action is awesome - especially the finale!

Also watched Red Dawn which was great fun. The bus chase towards the end is so pumped with adrenaline - it's brilliant! Loved it!

Has anyone here read Arnie's Autobiography? I've been going through this lately and it's really interesting...although I can't help but read it in his voice!
Old 25th February 2014, 10:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Last film I watched of his was Raw Deal just the other night. The first time I've seen that one and it's probably one of the weakest of his movies. The plot is all over the place, but the action is awesome - especially the finale!

Can't whack that scene with 'Satisfaction' playing on a cassette (You know what that is Kyle?) in the car and he doesn't miss ONE single bad guy,shooting with one hand and driving with the other.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 31st March 2014, 10:49 PM
Cult Master

"Arnold Schwarzenegger set off his third consecutive box-office bomb with “Sabotage” this weekend, but it's going to take more than that to stop him from making movies.

It's a little like his character in “The Terminator,” who just keep's coming back despite taking some major blows. And for the record, Schwarzenegger will begin shooting a fifth “Terminator” movie in a few weeks.

“Sabotage,” a David Ayer-directed thriller about a drug bust gone bad, took in just $5.2 million this weekend for Open Road Films. That's the worst wide opening ever for the 66-year-old action star, and his third straight flop since the former California governor returned to the big screen. Last year's “Escape Plan,” in which he co-starred with Sly Stallone, opened to $9.2 million, and “The Last Stand” was even worse with $6.2 million."

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/arnold-s...203800029.html

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st March 2014, 11:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I've already posted my thoughts on this on the Stallone VS Schwarzenegger thread, so I'll just copy and paste it here-

"I think we all knew it was going to bomb though... And speaking as one of his biggest fans, thats hard to admit (sighs)

Thing is though he was out of the spotlight since 2003. That exile from acting lasted 10 years or so and by the time he made his comeback (as good as The Last Stand was: FAR superior to Raw Deal and Last Action Hero), it just wasn't enough. Some of the younger generation probably didn't know who he really was due to his long absence and to them, they probably weren't interested in a film with an aging guy as an action lead.

The whole age thing that people complain about irritates me. If he can still shoot and fight, all while giving one-liners... Good enough for me. Wrinkles? Well as he would say - "come on, don't bullshit me."

BUT... On the plus side we have new Conan and Terminator movies coming out. The Last Stand and Sabotage are newer stuff, but most people are aware of these franchises, especially Terminator. Backed up with those franchises and the fact that some of the younger people may be becoming fans of his due to his recent movies... I could see improvement with Conan and Terminator, especially the latter. Bruce did well with Die Hard 4 and 5 in terms of box-office, so I'm sure Arnold with Terminator will do the same."
Old 13th April 2015, 06:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What's everyone's thoughts on this, the new trailer for Terminator:Genisys?

I actually think it looks pretty damn good, so I'll definitely be going to watch it in July

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Lates...Guy-70839.html
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!