Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Jackie Chan Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1667-jackie-chan-thread.html)

DeadAlive 16th September 2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronx ratnik (Post 102290)
does it have any fights at all spy next door?
not only a slap stick comedy?

does shinjuku incident have any martial arts fights?

The Spy Next Door is aimed at kids and has no real fights in the old sense of the word. A few slaps here and there along with some stunts.

The Shinjuku Incident is a triad film so the fights are more brawl like in style than martial arts. Good though.

Rob B Hood is fun, with a few good stunts and some quality fighting towards the end.

Little Big Soldier is excellent. A good performance from Jackie playing a not so brave soldier.

drees5761 20th September 2010 02:17 PM

Jackie fans should give Shinjuku Incident a chance, excellent story and acting from Jackie, one of his best dramatic films.

DeadAlive 20th September 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drees5761 (Post 103437)
Jackie fans should give Shinjuku Incident a chance, excellent story and acting from Jackie, one of his best dramatic films.

All the Jackie fans I know are big supporters of The Shinjuku Incident and only have good things to say about it. As for me I love the film and it is certainly good to see Jackie doing something more dramatic than he usually gets to do.

I should have mentioned it before, but there are a series of podcasts up at Podcast on Fire - It's Asian Cinema… in a Podcast dedicated to the career of Jackie Chan. Each one roughly deals with a decade of his career from the seventies onwards. There is also a commentary recorded by them for the underrated Island On Fire which is available to listen to while watching the HKL DVD or as a You Tube Version. I will put the links below for anyone interested. A fourth special is due to be recorded and put up soon.

Podcast On Fire 76: Jackie Chan Special Part 1 - Podcast on Fire

Podcast on Fire 77: Jackie Chan Special 1983-89 - Podcast on Fire

Podcast On Fire 79: Jackie Chan Special Part 3 (The 90s) - Podcast on Fire

Commentary on Fire: Island of Fire (1990) - Podcast on Fire

Commentary on Fire: Island of Fire (1990) YouTube Edition - Podcast on Fire

Mahoney32 20th September 2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drees5761 (Post 103437)

So true. I've watched SHINJUKU quite a few times now, It's a really good film, and extremely well made too. I love it. Possibly my favourite Chan film......

mjarbar 28th September 2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahoney32 (Post 103635)
So true. I've watched SHINJUKU quite a few times now, It's a really good film, and extremely well made too. I love it. Possibly my favourite Chan film......

I totally agree, it's so good to see JC in this sort of movie as it should show the US that he can act and not be the sort of comic relief sidekick that he seems to be put in or if he does have the main roll it's usually done tounge in cheek.

I also absolutly loved Forbidden Kingdom and the fight sceen with Jet Li, well put together and showed off both of their skills.

Can anyone tell me if he did a film set in Spain called Wheels on Meals or something like that, I remember a good fight sceen in a castle type setting where he used a chair and table to great effect. I remember the fight but not the rest of the movie!

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th September 2010 06:55 PM

Yep, Wheel On Meals starred Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao and was directed by Sammo. I watched it the other week. Great flick.

antmumford 28th September 2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 105333)
Yep, Wheel On Meals starred Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao and was directed by Sammo. I watched it the other week. Great flick.

Yep and the fight scene was against Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez, a true classic fight.

mjarbar 28th September 2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 105407)
Yep and the fight scene was against Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez, a true classic fight.

Thanks guys, I'll be adding that to the list ASAP.

Inspector Tanzi 29th September 2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 102500)
Little Big Soldier is excellent. A good performance from Jackie playing a not so brave soldier.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I really enjoyed this, I've got a H.K. Blu Ray.

A word of warning, the BBFC have cut the U.K. edition.

antmumford 29th September 2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 105466)
I really enjoyed this, I've got a H.K. Blu Ray.

A word of warning, the BBFC have cut the U.K. edition.

On the 10th it was cut by 2 seconds for a horsefall but it looks like it was resubmitted 2 days ago and it's uncut.

Title « British Board of Film Classification

I may be wrong