Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   What Shaw Brothers films do you have? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/2672-what-shaw-brothers-films-do-you-have.html)

BioZombie 19th May 2010 11:44 AM

I saw One Armed Swords Man yesterday. I really enjoyed it but there wasnt as much sword play action as I thought there might be. I also have Opium and the Kung Fu Masters sitting at home to watch as well.

Gigantor 23rd May 2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 80085)
I saw One Armed Swords Man yesterday. I really enjoyed it but there wasnt as much sword play action as I thought there might be. I also have Opium and the Kung Fu Masters sitting at home to watch as well.

That came out 43years ago .Compared to movies now it's not as violent but back in the day.:woot:

Go watch Opium and the Kung Fu Masters now!!!!

BioZombie 23rd May 2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 80790)
That came out 43years ago .Compared to movies now it's not as violent but back in the day.:woot:

Go watch Opium and the Kung Fu Masters now!!!!

I watched it the other night and it is one of the best kung fu films I have ever seen. The story is just fantastic and I love the fact that they dont just treat the issue of drug use as a black/white good/evil thing. Plus the fighting is top notch!!!!

Tonight I will be watching Five Deadly Venoms (I have high hopes for this one).

wongfeihung62 23rd May 2010 08:17 PM

You wont be dissapointed with "The Venoms".

Gigantor 24th May 2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 80813)
I watched it the other night and it is one of the best kung fu films I have ever seen. The story is just fantastic and I love the fact that they dont just treat the issue of drug use as a black/white good/evil thing. Plus the fighting is top notch!!!!

Tonight I will be watching Five Deadly Venoms (I have high hopes for this one).

Glad to see you liked Opium and the Kung Fu Masters .I liked it as well.Yeah you won't be disappointed with Five Deadly Venoms.

Gigantor 24th May 2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanyang Man (Post 80802)
Shaws? On DVD? At last count I had 403 titles from what was commercially released. No bootlegs. No half-arsed PanMedia (nee: HK Flix) "grey market" editions...isn't "grey market" just another way of saying "pirated copy"? Yeah, I won't support piracy in any form.

Anyway, all originals -- majority thereof the HK IVL releases, but a good whack of Singaporean editions on the Scorpio East label as well (picked up for next to no money at all when I was in Malaysia a few months back).

I'm slowly getting through them all...but there's only so many hours in a day... ;)

Just finding out all the titles is enough to give one brain damage let alone actually hunt them all down.Fun trying though

Inspector Tanzi 24th May 2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 (Post 71840)
I have about 50 IVL Shaw movies, what titles have you got?

I have 517 at the moment, I'm trying to get all the Region 3 Hong Kong IVL releases.

Gigantor 25th May 2010 03:12 AM

517!!!???!!! NICE!

Everytime i go to HK iu try to pick up as many of the SB DVDS I can.

Gigantor 25th May 2010 03:38 AM

Yeah A LOT of the titles went OOP very shortly after being released and the sad thing is I doubt they will ever be released again.While I have a handful of the Huangmei Operas DVDS don't bother with those at all.Along with with some of the SB drama dvds.As I watch more and more of The SB movieas I start to realise not everything produced by the SB Studios was great.There are a few turds in there but then as most people know they made hundreds upon hundreds of film so it was bound to happen.

Inspector Tanzi 25th May 2010 10:28 AM

Some of the dramas are really good, I've been pleasantly surprised by some of them.