Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Cine Asia (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/3723-cine-asia.html)

zombeaner 16th October 2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 108422)
The only bad thing about Cine Asia... INTERLACED.

No on thier Blus, I don't believe, I have about half a dozen Cine Asia Blu-rays, hey are perfectly adequate, cheap, and region free for us Yanks.

springjack 16th October 2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombeaner (Post 108532)
No on thier Blus, I don't believe, I have about half a dozen Cine Asia Blu-rays, hey are perfectly adequate, cheap, and region free for us Yanks.

I was talking about dvds...

But now that you mentioned, Machine Girl Blu has got to have the worst transfer in history of the format.

Don´t forget that some Cine Asia Blus are ports of Dragon Dynasty and they are famous for releasing interlaced blus.

zombeaner 16th October 2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 108579)
I was talking about dvds...

But now that you mentioned, Machine Girl Blu has got to have the worst transfer in history of the format.

Don´t forget that some Cine Asia Blus are ports of Dragon Dynasty and they are famous for releasing interlaced blus.

Well, in their defense, DD hasn't put out an interlaced Blu since their first two releases. The last 9 have been 1080p. They have other issues, but I think the interlaced Blu-ray problem is behind them. I hope so anyway. Machine Girl never looked good, I've seen it on DVD and theatrically and the transfer was never okay.

springjack 16th October 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombeaner (Post 108587)
Well, in their defense, DD hasn't put out an interlaced Blu since their first two releases. The last 9 have been 1080p. They have other issues, but I think the interlaced Blu-ray problem is behind them. I hope so anyway. Machine Girl never looked good, I've seen it on DVD and theatrically and the transfer was never okay.

Machine Girl on blu looks worst than the dvd.

pedromonkey 10th May 2011 01:59 PM

Here's my review for upcoming Cine-asia release YOUNG BRUCE LEE

YOUNG BRUCE LEE (2010)

dream demon 10th May 2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 108487)
Interlaced is the old method... all dvds should be progressive now.

Interlaced
Interlace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Progressive
Progressive scan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AH-HA! Thanks for the links - now I know why at one point in particular during Ip Man I noticed some of that 'combing' effect during a particularly fast movement - it must have been my TV trying to deinterlace the image. Other than that though, I thought the picture looked excellent :cool: .

springjack 10th May 2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 149546)
AH-HA! Thanks for the links - now I know why at one point in particular during Ip Man I noticed some of that 'combing' effect during a particularly fast movement - it must have been my TV trying to deinterlace the image. Other than that though, I thought the picture looked excellent :cool: .

That must be some problem in the original encoding because my computer says the Ip Man 1 has progressive encoding.

dream demon 10th June 2011 09:19 PM

Cine Asia fans may want to check out their local Sainsbury's. Today I picked up 5 films for only £2 each. I found -

Invisble Target 2 disc
Robin-B-Hood 2 disc
Force of Five
The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk
Beast Stalker 2 disc

springjack 10th June 2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 157267)
Cine Asia fans may want to check out their local Sainsbury's. Today I picked up 5 films for only £2 each. I found -

Invisble Target 2 disc
Robin-B-Hood 2 disc
Force of Five
The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk
Beast Stalker 2 disc

And all of them excellent movies...

Bringer Of Funerals 12th June 2011 07:05 PM

I'm going to mine on tues