Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Cine Asia (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/3723-cine-asia.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 6th October 2010 10:46 AM

Cine Asia

Hi all you kung fu film fans

I just wanted to know if any of you have any CINE ASIA dvds in your collection, and what do you think of them. They are a company ran by the people who brought HONG KONG LEGENDS dvds to your dvd players.

DeadAlive 6th October 2010 01:00 PM

All I can say is if you liked HKL then you should also like CineAsia as the whole style and extras are done pretty much the same. The biggest difference is that CineAsia are releasing some Shaw Brothers films due to their deal with Dragon Dynasty, and they also release films from other Asian countries along with the Chinese releases.

BioZombie 7th October 2010 11:15 AM

I picked up two Cine Asia titles today Chocolate on blu-ray and Raging Phonix on dvd. I have seen the first but not RP. Both start Jija Janin, think I'll be having a double bill tonight.

Inspector Tanzi 9th October 2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 107014)
I picked up two Cine Asia titles today Chocolate on blu-ray and Raging Phonix on dvd. I have seen the first but not RP. Both start Jija Janin, think I'll be having a double bill tonight.

Chocolate is outstanding, Ive not seen Raging Phoenix yet but everyone I know who's seen it wasn't that impressed.

Gigantor 9th October 2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 106847)
All I can say is if you liked HKL then you should also like CineAsia as the whole style and extras are done pretty much the same. The biggest difference is that CineAsia are releasing some Shaw Brothers films due to their deal with Dragon Dynasty, and they also release films from other Asian countries along with the Chinese releases.

What SB titles?

drees5761 15th October 2010 04:52 PM

Cine Asia are a great company, they have bought the rights to Ip Man 2 recently. Unfortunately they dont have any Shaw films, no UK company are releasing them at the moment. Why dont we try and pursuade Arrow to release some? :-)

wongfeihung62 15th October 2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drees5761 (Post 108319)
Unfortunately they dont have any Shaw films, no UK company are releasing them at the moment. Why dont we try and pursuade Arrow to release some? :-)

Well that answers the question I was going to pose.

springjack 15th October 2010 10:09 PM

The only bad thing about Cine Asia... INTERLACED.

drees5761 16th October 2010 10:28 AM

What does interlaced mean??

springjack 16th October 2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drees5761 (Post 108477)
What does interlaced mean??

Interlaced is the old method... all dvds should be progressive now.

Interlaced
Interlace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Progressive
Progressive scan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia