Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   SHAM032 - Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/almost-human/4443-sham032-almost-human.html)

Paul@TheOverlook 2nd June 2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 155228)
Just staying with poliziotteschi for a moment, is it me or do The Cop In Blue Jeans and Violent Naples have the same theme music? even though they have different actors, directors etc.

No, they're defintely different. There's certainly some similarities between the two though,

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 03:16 PM

It's already happening -- just reading through the posts on the previous page has given me a shopping list! I'll probably get a head start on this subgenre and may be familiar with actors, directors and common plot threads by the time I get around to seeing Almost Human!

Paul@TheOverlook 2nd June 2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 155237)
It's already happening -- just reading through the posts on the previous page has given me a shopping list! I'll probably get a head start on this subgenre and may be familiar with actors, directors and common plot threads by the time I get around to seeing Almost Human!

You'll be surprised just how many actors and directors you'll know from gialli and spaghettis, Nosferatu. If you're looking for a place to start before the release of ALMOST HUMAN, get hold of the Fernado di Leo set that came out in the US last month. It's reasonably priced and features four of his crime films, two of which (MILANO CALBRO 9 and LA MALA ORDINA) are classics. I know Justin will agree because Filmbar70 has screened both ;)

Fernando di Leo Crime Collection

The Boss is a great film too, BTW. :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 05:14 PM

That looks like a terrific set and is extremely good value at about £21 delivered, so I've ordered a copy. Thanks for the recommendation.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 05:31 PM

Any film with Barbara Bouchet in is worth getting. - Calibre 9 , take a bow.

nekromantik 2nd June 2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 155154)
This is a GREAT film and would be a great introduction to the poliziotteschi for newbies. I love much of Lenzi's horror and giallo output but his crime films, for me, are the best thing he did. ALMOST HUMAN is quite atypical for a Lenzi poliziotteschi though - it's sleazy and really quite nasty.

Tomas Milian is NUTS in this film and Silva, as the copper, is on great form too. A wholehearted recommendation from me :)

Sleaze is always good :nod:

Will check it out when its released :)

Nemesis 2nd June 2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 155258)
That looks like a terrific set and is extremely good value at about £21 delivered, so I've ordered a copy. Thanks for the recommendation.

I don't think that you'll regret it, Nos - it's a damn good set. Milan Calibre 9 has a very good plot and demands at least a second or even multiple watches; in Mala Ordina, Mario Adorf is on fire and has one of the best chase sequences I've seen; the Boss - Silva (need I say more), and the opening; Rulers of the City - much lighter than the other three but still good fun.

Paul@TheOverlook 2nd June 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 155271)
I don't think that you'll regret it, Nos - it's a damn good set. Milan Calibre 9 has a very good plot and demands at least a second or even multiple watches; in Mala Ordina, Mario Adorf is on fire and has one of the best chase sequences I've seen; the Boss - Silva (need I say more), and the opening; Rulers of the City - much lighter than the other three but still good fun.

What he said! You will not be disappointed with these films, they're ace.

Mojo 2nd June 2011 08:01 PM

This is a genre I've kinda stumbled upon in recent times, beginning with The Big Racket, Heroin Busters and various Raro titles. Great stuff! Reallly loking forward to seeing Almost Human.

Is Revolver worth a punt?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 08:07 PM

My expectations are now sky high, so I hope these films are as good as I anticipate!