Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   SHAM032 - Almost Human: The Artwork (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/almost-human/5258-sham032-almost-human-artwork.html)

Nimajneb 18th July 2011 02:44 PM

"the police cannot talk nonsense" lol, i like it.

True about th placement in horror being odd, but all the other Sham are there so i just guessed it would too.

We have to trust HMV in Colchester, coz oddly its our one and only dvd retailer.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th July 2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 164298)
Tbh, I wouldn't be bothered if I didn't get the lenticular artwork. Panels B & C are sweet enough!

Agreed mate,as everyone knows.I'm a sucker for original artwork!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th July 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 166754)
'TV Drama' is a bit odd but then again if it had been in the 'Horror' section it would have been equally out of place!

Feck all odd in HMV these days Jonny! I'm surprised it wasn't in the 'covered-up' adult section or sitting in a Disney promotion!:laugh:

Nimajneb 18th July 2011 09:41 PM

watched.....and its awesome!!!!!! Love it!

Bobz 18th July 2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimajneb (Post 166889)
watched.....and its awesome!!!!!! Love it!

Cool! Looking forward to watching it.

I think the last Lenzi movie I watched was Nightmare City :shocked: (twas years ago)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 166663)
That's ridiculously slow compared to other etailers :confused:

I've heard that Zavvi tends to sit on orders; I find that HMV online is much better when it comes to pre-orders.

Yesterday afternoon, I was sick of waiting so cancelled my order at Zavvi -- it wasn't even packing -- ordered it from HMV and it was shipped the same day. Now I know that sure what to do when I want something quickly.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 10:49 AM

My copy arrived from Amazon this morning. Surprisingly it was only shipped yesterday.

Prince_Vajda 19th July 2011 11:43 AM

Got a delivery from Amazon today. I open it, pick one of the two items - The Funhouse. Nice. :nod:

I grab the other one: oh yeah, I almost forgot, I had ordered Almost Human more than two weeks ago. Nice, too.

-
Wait a minute. What's that? :fear:
-

Blimey, I got lucky and mine's one of the lenticular ones. :blush:

I know I said back in the day that I don't care that much about such things. And it's still true, as the movie's the same. But I hadn't seen this nice lenticular artwork in reality before. And believe me - it really looks great. :nod: So it's time to slightly alter my opinion on such stuff. :p

Greetings!

bedorca 19th July 2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 166988)
Blimey, I got lucky and mine's one of the lenticular ones. :blush:

I know I said back in the day that I don't care that much about such things. And it's still true, as the movie's the same. But I hadn't seen this nice lenticular artwork in reality before. And believe me - it really looks great. :nod: So it's time to slightly alter my opinion on such stuff. :p

Greetings!

Mine is en route and, if not containing aforementioned lenticular cover, I would be happy to take yours off your hands if you change your mind :thumb:

dustdevil 19th July 2011 12:28 PM

:lol: I was just about to say the same to everyone that are not bothered about the lenticular ;)

Mojo 19th July 2011 01:47 PM

Mine arrived from Play today - complete with lenticular sleeve :woot:

Hoping to watch this one tonight.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 166967)
My copy arrived from Amazon this morning. Surprisingly it was only shipped yesterday.

Hopefully the delivery from HMV will be similarly swift and they had enough with the lenticular insert to still be able to ship them out.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 06:32 PM

I knew I said I wasn't too bothered about the limited edition , but screw it, I just ordered it from HMV. Should have it by the weekend.

Nemesis 19th July 2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166936)
Yesterday afternoon, I was sick of waiting so cancelled my order at Zavvi -- it wasn't even packing -- ordered it from HMV and it was shipped the same day. Now I know that sure what to do when I want something quickly.

Good call, Nos - there was simply no excuse; if HMV and Amazon are shipping early, then Zavvi should have been as well: unless there's a stock problem or a period specified for shipping, if the item has been pre-ordered and it's not shipped out by 9 am on the date of the release, then the etailer is not worth its salt. One cannot take any chances with a release like this; take the BFI's Deep End as a similar example. Its three disc set is also limited to 1000 copies - it's now no longer available on Amazon and HMV already has a waiting period.

HMV are terrific with regards to quick dispatches, except if it's over the weekend.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 07:50 PM

I don't know why I didn't order with HMV in the first place as the pre-orders I've had with them have always arrived on the Thursday or Friday before release. I suppose it was because I had a 10% voucher which took the price down to about £9.20 but money doesn't mean anything if you're never going to receive the DVD!

Nemesis 19th July 2011 07:59 PM

To be fair, vouchers are a really good incentive; who would not want to get it for the best price? But not even shipping it by the afternoon of the release date is pure laziness. I don't know how they work and what their position is on stocks - did they even order any in to have ready for release date? Amazon and HMV are understandable; particularly HMV, as it's online and stores are bread and butter sales for Shameless. Did Zavvi take the cavalier attitude such as "Well, Unknown is the big seller for the week; let's focus on that and to hell with everything else!"? It would not surprise me.

mercury 19th July 2011 07:59 PM

My preorder from Amazon arrived today, which surprised me. As me being a cheapskate I used free delivery, which sould have arrived Friday or Saturday:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 08:26 PM

Amazon have a warehouse in Greenock and Fife mate.
I always use the free shipping......
You see.It's not shite being Scottish!:lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 167209)
Amazon have a warehouse in Greenock and Fife mate.
I always use the free shipping......
You see.It's not shite being Scottish!:lol:

So Irvine Welsh was wrong?! What's it like being ruled by a bunch of effete arseholes?

bedorca 20th July 2011 10:25 AM

I am ....

.... in lenticular heaven :woot:

kingofwitches666 20th July 2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166936)

I've done the same the Nos. I checked my order with Zavvi, still awaiting pick but when I checked on the site for availability it stated 'Usually despatched within 1 month' :eek:

I've never had a problem with Zavvi before, but they've really dropped a bollock with this one :mmph: (apologies for the language).

Orders in at HMV.

Edit: just checked my HMV order, within in ten minutes of ordering it's now showing a status of 'Complete, will be despatched in accordance with selected shipping option'

That's amazing service! :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st July 2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 167579)
I've done the same the Nos. I checked my order with Zavvi, still awaiting pick but when I checked on the site for availability it stated 'Usually despatched within 1 month' :eek:

I've never had a problem with Zavvi before, but they've really dropped a bollock with this one :mmph: (apologies for the language).

It really is quite ridiculous to have no stock of a pre-order title so those of us who ordered it several weeks before the release date have no chance of receiving it on the same week as it was released.

I've ordered Cannibal Holocaust from Zavvi and I'm seriously considering switching to HMV or Amazon (probably the former due to Pure Points) and will e-mail Zavvi telling them exactly why and why I cancelled my order of Almost Human.

Sobral 21st July 2011 02:39 PM

I wish the lenticular sleeve would fit inside the case, as I prefer panel B.
Not complaining, though ;)

kingofwitches666 21st July 2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 167633)
I've ordered Cannibal Holocaust from Zavvi and I'm seriously considering switching to HMV or Amazon (probably the former due to Pure Points) and will e-mail Zavvi telling them exactly why and why I cancelled my order of Almost Human.

Me too Nos. I've got Cannibal Holocaust, Maniac Cop & Don't Torture A Duckling pre-ordered from them. Going to cancel the lot.
Even my Funhouse Blu, which I also pre-ordered, has got a 'Usually despatched within 1 month' status, so I've got to re-order that too. :mmph:

Anywhoo, on a positive note & back to topic, HMV have sent my copy out. It'll be a bloody miracle if I get one with a lenticular sleeve! :laugh:

It's just as well that the rest of the artwork rocks. :rockon:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st July 2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 167633)
It really is quite ridiculous to have no stock of a pre-order title so those of us who ordered it several weeks before the release date have no chance of receiving it on the same week as it was released.

Amazon have NEVER let me down.Use them all the time.:nod:

kingofwitches666 23rd July 2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 167711)
Anywhoo, on a positive note & back to topic, HMV have sent my copy out. It'll be a bloody miracle if I get one with a lenticular sleeve! :laugh:

It's just as well that the rest of the artwork rocks. :rockon:

Well I received my copy this morning from HMV (two days from ordering!) & I'm Happy to report, I got a copy with the lenticular sleeve.

Well chuffed! :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:22 PM

Recieved my copy from HMV today, and managed to get the lenticular cover version. I know I said I wasn't bothered, but the collector inside wouldn't let me pass it up!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:33 PM

I bought it from HMV in Glasgow yesterday.Both Argyle Street and Buchanan Street had more than one lenticular......nice strategically placed sticker!:lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 168461)
I bought it from HMV in Glasgow yesterday.Both Argyle Street and Buchanan Street had more than one lenticular......nice strategically placed sticker!:lol:

:lol: I'm refusing to buy any Shameless or Arrow release from HMV stores.....they should be wearing masks in there! Robbing b*****ds!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 168461)

And, pray tell, how much did you pay?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:39 PM

£20 for Almost Human.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 168469)
£20 for Almost Human.:nod:

£5 more than online, but it's your money!

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 168471)
£5 more than online, but it's your money!

What?, mine was £9.99 from Amazon.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 168473)
What?, mine was £9.99 from Amazon.

I paid £10.99 from HMV.com which, at the time, was the same price as Amazon.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:49 PM

Yep, £10.99 here. :eek:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:50 PM

I got both this and Slaughter High for £22.99,so a successful trip I reckon.;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 168477)
I paid £10.99 from HMV.com which, at the time, was the same price as Amazon.

Was wondering where you got the £5 more than online part from, in relation to Reaps paying £20, even Hmv online is only £10.99.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 168481)
Was wondering where you got the £5 more than online part from, in relation to Reaps paying £20, even Hmv online is only £10.99.

I was rounding down the online price!

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 168486)
I was rounding down the online price!

Up.

Sorry, being picky. :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 168487)
Up.

Sorry, being picky. :lol:

No, I was rounding it down to £10 to make the difference greater but, having thought about it, I should've said the difference was ten quid, not five!