Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Deranged and Squirm from Arrow! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/10507-deranged-squirm-arrow.html)

Vampix 12th February 2013 09:55 AM

I'll definitely pick up Deranged, it's a great little film.I haven't seen Squirm in a long time though and can't remember whether I liked it all that much when I did.I've got the MGM flipper disc with both Deranged and Motel Hell on it.The print of Deranged on that DVD is very nice but, as some have pointed out, slightly cut.I think I would rather have the missing gore footage as an extra on any DVD/BD that's made available, especially if it's in rough shape, than inserted into a nice looking print of the film.I've heard the inserted footage on the German DVD is quite jarring, when compared to the rest of the film.Like Daemonia, I'd love to see Arrow release a special edition of Death Line (aka Raw Meat). :nod:

saw 12th February 2013 11:08 AM

Deranged's a cult classic and the only way to do it justice is to present it fully uncut. I don't mind that the brain-scooping scene is from an inferior source, I just want it to be included in the film.

Has anyone from Arrow confirmed whether these films will be (a) uncut and (b) on blu-ray?

Rik 12th February 2013 11:32 AM

I knew they'd release Deranged as soon as Motel Hell was announced. I'll definitely pick it up if it's fully uncut and loaded with extras, otherwise I'll stick with my German DVD

Susan Foreman 13th February 2013 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Squirm'?

I used to have the novelisation of that. As a child, the front cover really excited and scared me

As an adult, it sickens me, and is laughable!

Susan Foreman 14th February 2013 01:02 AM

As predicted on Jan 19th, 2013:

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 313915)
Why can't it be an early Savini, like 'Dead of Night' or 'Deranged'?

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/313915-post117.html

She shoots, she scores!

ecc 14th February 2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 321022)
I'll definitely pick up Deranged, it's a great little film.I haven't seen Squirm in a long time though and can't remember whether I liked it all that much when I did.I've got the MGM flipper disc with both Deranged and Motel Hell on it.The print of Deranged on that DVD is very nice but, as some have pointed out, slightly cut.I think I would rather have the missing gore footage as an extra on any DVD/BD that's made available, especially if it's in rough shape, than inserted into a nice looking print of the film.I've heard the inserted footage on the German DVD is quite jarring, when compared to the rest of the film.Like Daemonia, I'd love to see Arrow release a special edition of Death Line (aka Raw Meat). :nod:

When MGM prepared their HD master, they borrowed the director's print (which I believe was used for the Moore Video US tape release from which the German DVD sourced its cut footage) and retransferred (and cleaned up) the cut footage in HD. It's not part of the HD master but the clip was designed so it could be dropped into the cut version (including some in-context footage before and after to try to smooth over the quality difference).

saw 14th February 2013 05:36 PM

deranged

How likely are Arrow to go to the trouble of reinstating the uncensored footage into their MGM HD master? This release will be flawed otherwise.

ecc 14th February 2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saw (Post 321548)
How likely are Arrow to go to the trouble of reinstating the uncensored footage into their MGM HD master? This release will be flawed otherwise.

They do have the footage.

saw 14th February 2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecc (Post 321551)
They do have the footage.

But will they reinstate it into the film rather than include it as an extra, ie will their release be fully uncut?

SilverGunnar Hansen 14th February 2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saw (Post 321561)
But will they reinstate it into the film rather than include it as an extra, ie will their release be fully uncut?

I'd rather they integrated it into the film, regardless of quality - it's only a brief scene but it's an important one I feel. It's not like Army Of Darkness when there's 15 mins of shoddy quality and iffy content crowbarred in for completion.