Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2010, 07:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Tut tut tut-corrupting the yoof of tomorrow Mercury!
Yes! and they have no idea
Old 27th October 2010, 08:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The next generation of Cult Labs members!
Old 1st November 2010, 01:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Strange... City of the Living Dead on DVD is not available at Amazon.

It this out of print?

City of the Living Dead [DVD] [1980]: Amazon.co.uk: Christopher George, Katherine MacColl, John Morghen, Lucio Fulci: DVD
Old 1st November 2010, 01:22 PM
Active Cultist

They're probably just out of stock at the moment. You can still get it on HMV.
Old 1st November 2010, 02:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Mac View Post
They're probably just out of stock at the moment. You can still get it on HMV.
No worries, I got mine on day one.

I just though It was strange.
Old 1st November 2010, 06:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Must be a stock issue...

Every HMV I've been in recently has had one.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th November 2010, 03:00 PM
Cult Rookie

Well I just bought COTLD this morning and I got to say that I'm well pleased with what I did with my cash.

The included booklet was ace, reminding me that these films that we all love aren't just wicked because of their culty 'cool-to-be-a-geek' status. Theres a strange, unprententious purity to all this grime.

Top stuff, thanks!
Old 7th December 2010, 08:20 AM
Cultist in Training

Well, I'm happy to say my copy of "City" on Blu arrived this morning here in Vancouver. I just finished watching it with my wife and both of us, being very familiar with the movie over the years in its various incarnations on different formats were happily blown away with how good it looks. It truly is the best presentation of the film I've seen and finally I can really enjoy its 16mm origins, I love the way it looks. Unfortunately I've bad news to report on the extra's. Although this disc is reported to be completely region free and the film itself played perfectly on my Sony BDP-S370, NONE of the extra's play at all. I've tried everything, it simply returns to the menu as soon as I select any extra, bar the photo gallery. Either I've got a defective disc or my player is having issues.
I'm gutted as the multitude of extra's on this was one of the primary reason's I made the upgrade. I'm now also worried as I've got "Inferno" coming on Blu and if it's a Disc/Player incompatibility issue then I'm sure I'll experience the same problem accessing the extra's. I really don't fancy going through the Amazon returns procedure for this disc if it's my player that's having issues.

Last edited by Dissolvedpaul; 7th December 2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:12 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissolvedpaul View Post
Well, I'm happy to say my copy of "City" on Blu arrived this morning here in Vancouver. I just finished watching it with my wife and both of us, being very familiar with the movie over the years in its various incarnations on different formats were happily blown away with how good it looks. It truly is the best presentation of the film I've seen and finally I can really enjoy it's 16mm origins, I love the way it looks. Unfortunately I've bad news to report on the extra's. Although this disc is reported to be completely region free and the film itself played perfectly on my Sony BDP-S370, NONE of the extra's play at all. I've tried everything, it simply returns to the menu as soon as I select any extra, bar the photo gallery. Either I've got a defective disc or my player is having issues.
I'm gutted as the multitude of extra's on this was one of the primary reason's I made the upgrade. I'm now also worried as I've got "Inferno" coming on Blu and if it's a Disc/Player incompatibility issue then I'm sure I'll experience the same problem accessing the extra's. I really don't fancy going through the Amazon returns procedure for this disc if it's my player that's having issues.
Unfortunately, the extras on COTLD aren't in 1080P. They don't play on my Sony BDP-S350 US player either.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:16 AM
Cultist in Training

Thanks a lot Stephen. I just did a quick search around the net and I've just discovered this myself, my Sony simply won't convert the SD Pal features to NTSC so I'm stuck with the film only for now. A real shame but I'm certainly not annoyed with Arrow, it's a hardware limitation and the disc and packaging is beautiful, I'll just have to wait till I can afford an all region player I guess. Oh well, at least I have 2 audio commentaries to get through, I've just discovered the trailer plays also. Just not any of the juicy extra's.

Like this? Share it using the links below!