Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2010, 04:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just to let you know: amazon.co.uk seems to exclude German addresses now for orders of banned films over here - I was lucky with the Day BD, heard that some others did not share the luck and when I just wanted to preorder the City BD, I was rejected... We had that in the past and it was not to be found anywhere in the FAQ and it vanished as suddenly as it appeared, let's hope this is just another bad period that will pass quickly...
Old 28th April 2010, 04:29 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

That's so rubbish for you! Can you order in via Play or HMV?
Old 28th April 2010, 04:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Both HMV and play send from Jersey and this is outside of the European customs area (my phrasing ), so there is a risk that it gets stuck in German customs and if they open it, they will confiscate it and the money is lost. It is a slight risk as the price is below the customs fee limit (approx. 23 Euro), but the 4 DVDs they snatched in the past were all significantly lower in price and I am not really wanting to take the risk... BTW: These DVDs were 3 Fridays and one of the Demons DVDs, I keep forgetting which one is banned here... Funny was that I sent a lost note to play when Friday pt 8 did not arrive after 6 weeks and the same day found the confiscation note in my mailbox, soon after the mail from play that they had reposted the DVD, which was again snatched - luckily with no consequences...

Maybe Kyle should make a new competition - how about "Best reason why I think I deserve a free copy of CotLD" - I might have a strong one
Old 28th April 2010, 07:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Start trading Roughie.
Some nice member could perhaps trade you one,or sell you one!

God,how roles have reversed between the UK and Germany regarding censorship!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th April 2010, 03:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

I truly sympathise with you Roughale.I remember when I used to order VHS tapes from the US and Holland in the late 80's and throughout the 90's, and having some of them seized & confiscated by customs.It's a sickener when you can't order the movies you love in their uncut versions from abroad.
Old 29th April 2010, 09:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Thanks for the good thoughts and suggestions! Now where do I check what all this trading is about? I might require some assistance (sorry for the OT!)

Edit: I am too quick for this huge forum - meaning: I just found the Trading section and will check it out when I have a lil more time...
Old 30th April 2010, 10:26 PM
Cultist

yaaaas
just pre ordered it on play.com
exciting!!!!!!!!
Old 30th April 2010, 11:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Mine is already ordered from Amazon...
Old 1st May 2010, 02:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

With less than a month to go, the anticipation for this release is overwhelming...I am eagerly awaiting the first review that is published.
Old 1st May 2010, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm more anticipating the DVD extras than the movie itself, which I've seen umpteen times.It will be interesting to see the film on DVD re-mastered though, as I've only ever seen it via the old Intervision video cassette (minus the head drilling) and the uncut Anchor Bay DVD.It will be even more interesting to see it in high definition when I eventually pick up the Blu-ray.

Like this? Share it using the links below!