Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Terror At The Opera (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2241-arrow-video-terror-opera.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 68150)
Is it even released yet?

It's released on monday Zombie Dude. :dog:

springjack 20th March 2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Is it even released yet?
I was asking about online reviews from other sites.

It is common with most review sites to post reviews a few days earlier...

Zombie Dude 20th March 2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 68155)
It's released on monday Zombie Dude. :dog:

Wow, that was quick. The dates really creep up on you. Looks like I'll have to bite on this release. :bananasuit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 68157)
I was asking about online reviews from other sites.

It is common with most review sites to post reviews a few days earlier...

I figured as much. I just didn't realise it was coming out this soon.

nekromantik 20th March 2010 11:30 AM

Il be popping into HMV on Monday to see if its £9.99 as its online and if it is and I didnt win the comp then I will buy it. :)

Pete 20th March 2010 11:31 AM

I paid £15.00 for mine last week.

nekromantik 20th March 2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 68177)
I paid £15.00 for mine last week.

they already were selling it last week for £15 in HMV?

Pete 20th March 2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 68346)
they already were selling it last week for £15 in HMV?

No, they had them for sale at the Fulci double bill in glasgow. Philleh got a copy aswell. They were also selling The Card Player but I couldn't be arsed buying it.

Zombie Dude 20th March 2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 68351)
No, they had them for sale at the Fulci double bill in glasgow. Philleh got a copy aswell. They were also selling The Card Player but I couldn't be arsed buying it.

The Card Player isn't a very good Argento and that's coming from someone who didn't mind Do You Like Hitckcock?

Pete 20th March 2010 11:41 PM

I had the old Arrow dvd of The Card Player and I thought it was alright. I will buy the new edition but probably not for a while yet.

I didn't mind Do You Like Hitchcock?.

Zombie Dude 20th March 2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 68357)
I had the old Arrow dvd of The Card Player and I thought it was alright. I will buy the new edition but probably not for a while yet.

I didn't mind Do You Like Hitchcock?.

I have The Card Player only because it came in the Argento steelbook released by Anchor Bay.

nekromantik 20th March 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 68351)

ah right. I doubt HMV stores will be selling for £9.99 so might have to order online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 68360)
I have The Card Player only because it came in the Argento steelbook released by Anchor Bay.

ditto
Steely is quite nice altho I wished it had all the best classic argento movies instead of a mixed bag.

Zombie Dude 20th March 2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 68362)
ditto
Steely is quite nice altho I wished it had all the best classic argento movies instead of a mixed bag.

Yeah I know. I mainly got it for Tenebre and Phenomena. I was interested in seeing Trauma and the rest I didn't really care about.

nekromantik 20th March 2010 11:51 PM

it was my first Argento purchase :lol:

Splatterdragon73 21st March 2010 10:46 AM

I was well pleased when my copy of TATO was waiting for me yesterday and look forward to checking it out. God only knows when though!:)

Zombie Dude 21st March 2010 10:51 AM

I've heard this is a two disc set but Amazon is listing it as a single. Which is it? :confused:

Splatterdragon73 21st March 2010 10:58 AM

I'm not too sure as my copy is still sealed at the mo!

I would imagine a double-disc set for inclusion of both cuts of the film.:)

Zombie Dude 21st March 2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 68410)
I'm not too sure as my copy is still sealed at the mo!

I would imagine a double-disc set for inclusion of both cuts of the film.:)

Do let us know when you open it. :nod:

Splatterdragon73 21st March 2010 11:07 AM

Will do unless somebody else here beats me to it!:)

Zombie Dude 21st March 2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 68418)
Will do unless somebody else here beats me to it!:)

That may very well happen. Either way I find out what I want to know. :biggrin:

vincenzo 21st March 2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 68407)
I've heard this is a two disc set but Amazon is listing it as a single. Which is it? :confused:

It's definitely a 2-disc.

Zombie Dude 21st March 2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 68428)
It's definitely a 2-disc.

I was hoping that was the case. Definitely picking this one up. Thanks for clearing that up.

JAMIOUSE 22nd March 2010 05:49 PM

Picked my copy up at HMV today, one thing that's always puzzled me is the 'Cannes Dub' why is it considered hilliarious?

Debzz 22nd March 2010 06:22 PM

will be buying this tomorrow hopefully!!!
exciting! and i love the cover!!

:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd March 2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 68731)
Picked my copy up at HMV today, one thing that's always puzzled me is the 'Cannes Dub' why is it considered hilliarious?

I didn't find it hilarious,I just think the soft spoken english accent they used for Inspector Santini (Urbano Barberini) was completely wrong.The american accent they used was much better.

springjack 22nd March 2010 06:45 PM

Any reviews???

Philleh 22nd March 2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 68355)
The Card Player isn't a very good Argento and that's coming from someone who didn't mind Do You Like Hitckcock?

Agreed... but I have 3 copies of it and saw it on the big screen in Italy. Can we say 'Argento whore'? :lol:

JAMIOUSE 22nd March 2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 68746)
I didn't find it hilarious,I just think the soft spoken english accent they used for Inspector Santini (Urbano Barberini) was completely wrong.The american accent they used was much better.

Oh right I've always wondered what was meant to be so funny about it, bad dubs are part of the Euro Horror scene afterall.

Zombie Dude 23rd March 2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 68760)
Agreed... but I have 3 copies of it and saw it on the big screen in Italy. Can we say 'Argento whore'? :lol:

:lol: It happens. I hated The Howling 3 and somehow found myself buying 3 different copies of it.:blush:

Wilson Bros 23rd March 2010 10:09 AM

Nick's currently beavering away on a review of Opera as I type this.

Seeing as I am in possession of our Anchor Bay copy, I had to relay my impressions when comparing the two copies. From what I could ascertain, the Arrow version has a more natural colour pallette, and the Anchor Bay colours look like they have been boosted.

Kev W

Mojo 23rd March 2010 07:18 PM

Watched this last night. Lovely print and great selection of trailers. Excellent booklet and poster make this a terrific package for what is arguably Argento's last great film.

ecc 24th March 2010 04:45 AM

My review of the new Arrow 2 disc is up at DVDBeaver.

One error that needs to be fixed:

The 5.1 track on the International Version is the redub. The 2.0 track is the Cannes dub. The Arrow menu does not distinguish them (it does for the US edit, though).

springjack 24th March 2010 05:50 AM

Dvd Beaver only shows the old Arrow edition.

ecc 24th March 2010 06:51 AM

Try refreshing. I see all of them.

Almar@Cult Labs 24th March 2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecc (Post 69135)
My review of the new Arrow 2 disc is up at DVDBeaver.

One error that needs to be fixed:

The 5.1 track on the International Version is the redub. The 2.0 track is the Cannes dub. The Arrow menu does not distinguish them (it does for the US edit, though).

Arrow are looking into this now.

ecc 24th March 2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 69149)
Arrow are looking into this now.

I was actually referring to the error in the posted review where I listed in the specs that the 5.1 and 2.0 tracks were both the redub rather than 5.1 (redub), 2.0 (Cannes dub).

My reviews for STENDHAL SYNDROME and THE CARD PLAYER should be up soon too.

Debzz 24th March 2010 04:19 PM

just bought this today!! love it and i've put the poster on my wall!!took ages to buy coz the guy didnt believe i was over 18 and wasnt gonna accept my student card but in the end he gave in and i got it!!! woooo

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th March 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debzz (Post 69222)
took ages to buy coz the guy didnt believe i was over 18

I have the same problem.............Nah that's a lie actually.I mean I wish I had that problem! :lol:

nekromantik 24th March 2010 07:51 PM

Gonna watch this tonight...am thinking watch the international version with canns dub first.

damn :lol:
that stage hand guy who trys to sleep with the gal and then gets killed at the start was cute but he didnt show anythin :(
euro horror esp argento aint afraid of showing full frontals but didnt even get a butt shot ha ha
sorry off topic.

vincenzo 24th March 2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debzz (Post 69222)
took ages to buy coz the guy didnt believe i was over 18 and wasnt gonna accept my student card but in the end he gave in and i got it!!!

I keep telling people I'm under 18 but they don't believe me. Even I don't. :cry:

Vampix 25th March 2010 02:47 AM

I'm not a massive fan of Argento, I've only seen Suspiria, Inferno, Deep Red, Tenebrae & Phenomena.But I reckon I'm gonna give Opera a go and get myself the Arrow 2-discer, it looks like another cracking package from you guys. :thumb: