Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2010, 07:02 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Awesome cover. Really grreat. I have this on Blu-Ray but how can I not continue my Arrow collection?
Old 8th February 2010, 05:36 PM
Cult Rookie

I can't wait for these 3 Argento films, I have yet to see any of them!
Old 10th February 2010, 05:56 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Here we go with the official Stendhal Syndrome press release along with those all-important specs! Marc Morris from CMF has been working on this so safe to say it'll be a lot tastier than the previous DVD outing:

ARGENTO SR. AND ARGENTO JR. BOTH DAZZLE IN DARIO’S RETURN TO FORM.

Considered by many to be a remarkable return to vintage form for the Italian master of suspense and terror, Dario Argento (Tenebrae; Suspiria; Terror At The Opera), The Stendhal Syndrome stars the director's real life daughter, Asia Argento (xXx; The Red Siren) as Anna Manni. A young detective in Rome's anti-rape unit. Anna suffers from Stendhal Syndrome, a mental condition that causes her to retreat into horrifying hallucinations when confronted with works of art.

On the trail of a serial rapist and killer, she is given the suspect's whereabouts by way of a tip-off. But, unknown to Anna, the killer has discovered the secret of her illness and uses it against her, eventually kidnapping her and forcing her to become an unwilling witness to his crimes. Of course, this being a Dario Argento film, nothing is quite as it seems and the plot takes a terrifying twist when Anna discovers the true face of madness.

An atmospheric and chilling study of the effects of insanity and violence, The Stendhal Syndrome is full of the dazzling cinematic style and technical wizardry audiences have come to expect from Argento. Co-written by the director's frequent collaborator Franco Ferrini (Phenomena; Trauma; Opera), the film also features a haunting score by award-winning composer Ennio Morricone (The Untouchables; The Mission).

The Stendhal Syndrome (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (15.99) by Arrow Video on 22nd March 2010.

Special Features include: double sided sleeve featuring new artwork; exclusive collector’s booklet; poster; Dario Argento trailer gallery; theatrical trailer; English 5.1 and Italian 5.1 audio options.
Old 10th February 2010, 06:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Here we go with the official Stendhal Syndrome press release along with those all-important specs! Marc Morris from CMF has been working on this so safe to say it'll be a lot tastier than the previous DVD outing:

ARGENTO SR. AND ARGENTO JR. BOTH DAZZLE IN DARIO’S RETURN TO FORM.

Considered by many to be a remarkable return to vintage form for the Italian master of suspense and terror, Dario Argento (Tenebrae; Suspiria; Terror At The Opera), The Stendhal Syndrome stars the director's real life daughter, Asia Argento (xXx; The Red Siren) as Anna Manni. A young detective in Rome's anti-rape unit. Anna suffers from Stendhal Syndrome, a mental condition that causes her to retreat into horrifying hallucinations when confronted with works of art.

On the trail of a serial rapist and killer, she is given the suspect's whereabouts by way of a tip-off. But, unknown to Anna, the killer has discovered the secret of her illness and uses it against her, eventually kidnapping her and forcing her to become an unwilling witness to his crimes. Of course, this being a Dario Argento film, nothing is quite as it seems and the plot takes a terrifying twist when Anna discovers the true face of madness.

An atmospheric and chilling study of the effects of insanity and violence, The Stendhal Syndrome is full of the dazzling cinematic style and technical wizardry audiences have come to expect from Argento. Co-written by the director's frequent collaborator Franco Ferrini (Phenomena; Trauma; Opera), the film also features a haunting score by award-winning composer Ennio Morricone (The Untouchables; The Mission).

The Stendhal Syndrome (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (15.99) by Arrow Video on 22nd March 2010.

Special Features include: double sided sleeve featuring new artwork; exclusive collector’s booklet; poster; Dario Argento trailer gallery; theatrical trailer; English 5.1 and Italian 5.1 audio options.
Great stuff Almar - can we expect a new print for this one? I recently sold my BU region free Blu Ray as the grain was, to be honest, too much for me (it was like viewing the film through a hail of snow!)

So, even though this is not one of my fave Argento movies, it would be great to see a new print of it!
Old 10th February 2010, 06:32 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It's a different master from the old Arrow Films release.
Old 10th February 2010, 06:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Competition

Quote:
It's a different master from the old Arrow Films release.
Great news and kudos to Marc Morris then!
Old 10th February 2010, 06:56 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
The Martin print will be on the DVD re-issue though!
What's going to be on the Martin re-issue? More special features?
Old 10th February 2010, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

And will it be full screen or 16x9?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 10th February 2010, 07:02 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

All good questions - I'll go get some answers!
Old 10th February 2010, 07:30 PM
Ex-member

EEK!
This will be my third copy of Stendhal, previously I'd say the Italian Medusa release was the best (trumping BU version) this is sounding great & Rick's artwork is superb (the best this movie has had!), keep up the good work Arrow

Like this? Share it using the links below!