All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2010, 09:26 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Is it just the one version of the film on this release?,or does it also feature 2 versions like the Imperial dvd?
The UK Imperial Edition features 3 versions. The full uncut (hardcore) print, the alternate (Brass) print, and the 2nd R-rated print.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:49 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You're right Vince,my mistake.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:05 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

To make matters even more confusing there are actually two R-rated prints. The first (the old video release) was simply cut but used some footage from the alternate print. The second (the one in the Imperial box) used looped (and unwatchable) footage, due to the alternate print not being available for sourcing.

Despite the BBFC listing it as such the VHS wasn't the cut cinema print.
Old 15th April 2010, 04:57 AM
Cultist in Training

Seems to be available for pre-order at Amazon
Old 15th April 2010, 09:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Nice packaging and artwork but I think one version of this movie is enough for me

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 15th April 2010, 10:28 AM
Cultist in Training

Not sure I want to watch a film all about fancy, flowery handwriting skills.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:19 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I just preordered the BD at amazon, despite the fact that I have the Imperial BD from the US, I am just hooked on your packaging

Can anyone send amazon the pictures of the packaging? The picture they show there is rather misleading, don't you think it would sell better if the full beauty is revealed? I do

Edit: Did I mention that I watched this at the tender age of 14 or 15 at a cinema in Berlin? Haha, it twisted me even more
Old 15th April 2010, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
I just preordered the BD at amazon, despite the fact that I have the Imperial BD from the US, I am just hooked on your packaging

Can anyone send amazon the pictures of the packaging? The picture they show there is rather misleading, don't you think it would sell better if the full beauty is revealed? I do

Edit: Did I mention that I watched this at the tender age of 14 or 15 at a cinema in Berlin? Haha, it twisted me even more
ha ha

Dont think we wanna know about your sexual adventures then

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 15th April 2010, 12:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
ha ha

Dont think we wanna know about your sexual adventures then
Don't fear, I'll keep them for myself

But since i am always one to share let me tell you the whole story of that evening, which I think is quite amusing, especially regarding the age and censorship handling over here... This film had a huge status on school yards, boys with bigger brothers were swamped with stories and it became one of the really big things to talk about in or after school. So one day me and a very good buddy of mine walked to taht one cinema, where it was shown. This cinema was inside one of these early German shopping mall equivalents and the projection room was just behind glass walls plastered with hangout pictures and posters, but there were slits between these and you could find spots from wher you could see through to the screen and see some details, which wa enough for us to try and suddenly the guy from the ticket booth grabbed us and made us sit through the rest of the film (maybe 45 minutes were already gone) - what a penalty, he showed us, damn sure he did! I still recall how we stumbled down the Ku'damm murmering "Blut und Titten" (blood and tits) constantly... Weird days and I should have my film list I kept back then and I could find out exactly when that was, I might, if I remember when I get back hime...

Sorry for the excourse, let me just add that I am very happy that my little sister did not do horse riding as hobby
Old 16th April 2010, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Another awesome slice of Rick artwork there coupled with typically brilliant Arrow packaging. No doubt a feast for the eyes but i'm sitting on the fence as to wether or not i'll be picking up this BR edition.

If i do invest it'll probably be the collector inside me influencing my decision!

Like this? Share it using the links below!