Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Jaguar Lives! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3278-arrow-video-jaguar-lives.html)

Solgow 3rd September 2010 11:07 AM

Agreed. Superb artwork. Nice to see someone unafraid to put down a mouse and get painting

Gigantor 3rd September 2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedudedesigns (Post 99978)
Everyones a critic hey! so thought i should pop in and say a bit about my stuff....

Its my style really, I'm a graphic artist and like allot of the old poster art of the 60's/70's i work with photos (also like Stephen Romanos more recent work in his book shock festival, check it out brilliant book if you can find it and like retro video art!), i myself really love that style of trashy video film poster art i collect old precert Videos mainly for the packaging... its what first got me into graphic design, So after years in working various design agencies i started going back to the thing i loved exploring design as pop art almost combining photography, illustration and graphics. Now from that i ive started doing what i have a passion for at last!!. I'm not a fantasy artist like Rick Melton, Love his paintings but I'm a different side of the coin really and aiming for a different vibe. So hope you can dig it too !!!

Also hopefully its the start of a trend, would be great seeing more and more illustration coming back to film, avoiding travesties like the new Minority Report bluRay DVD cover (google it... VERY bizarre cover of... well i guess its Tom Cruise's face!!) i personally blame marketing! (no offence to any marketing dudes out there!!) I've worked in film and games industries and allot of the problems you run into these days with cover art is its worked around what a marketing person feels with no design background rather than designs or illustrators. I guess budgets get bigger and people get scared to step outside the box. Its been great Working with Arrow Video, very refreshing! its nice to meet people who do actually 'get it' and have more of a passion for the product than the usual sterile marketing check list.... Rant over!!!

But this is my first cover I've done for Arrow (there's a second one in the wings!!) and all in all the feed backs been great from you guys!! so thanks for that and really nice to hear! and if you like my stuff do check out my blog and leave a comment if you fancy it.

So Cheers for now...

T.

You can't please anyone I guess but in my opinion the cover looks great!

Philleh 3rd September 2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedudedesigns (Post 99980)
Also like i said do look up stephen romano's Shock Festival book...

Agreed, this is a great read for anyone in love with Exploitation cinema. The DVD is equally as brilliant.

Welcome to the boards Dude and thanks for the awesome design for Jaguar Lives!! :thumb:

springjack 3rd September 2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

But this is my first cover I've done for Arrow (there's a second one in the wings!!) and all in all the feed backs been great from you guys!! so thanks for that and really nice to hear! and if you like my stuff do check out my blog and leave a comment if you fancy it.

So Cheers for now...
Jesus... I don´t know if you take my remark the wrong or the right way...
I was not mad about the cover... I loved it...

Sam@Cult Labs 9th September 2010 07:27 PM

A little tribute to three great Bond villians, all of whom star in JAGUAR LIVES, on the CULT LABS BLOG

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th September 2010 09:04 AM

Dammit!
I see this has been put back until tomorrow.Was gonna raid HMV today for this!:doh:

Pete 12th September 2010 06:50 PM

Home Cinema review:

Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix - Jaguar Lives

robertzombie 12th September 2010 07:06 PM

If this release had utilised the widescreen print it would be much higher up my to-buy list.

What's the story Arrow? Why 4:3? :(

springjack 12th September 2010 09:15 PM

Does this have a reversible cover too?

No chance in hell i´m gonna use it but I´m interested to know what is the other cover.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th September 2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 101604)
Does this have a reversible cover too?

No chance in hell i´m gonna use it but I´m interested to know what is the other cover.

Been curious about that myself.