Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Jaguar Lives! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3278-arrow-video-jaguar-lives.html)

mark meakin 14th February 2010 06:21 PM

Arrow Video - Jaguar Lives!

Any idea when Arrow are going to release the uncut dvd of this entertaining Martial arts actioner ?.

Splatterdragon73 21st February 2010 10:01 AM

I've only caught JL once and never thought much of it if i'm not mistaken.

Probably only notable now for starring roles for two future Jackie Chan opponents. Sonny Barnes in The Big Brawl and the legendary Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez from Wheels On Meals and Dragons Forever.:)

mark meakin 22nd February 2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 63789)
I've only caught JL once and never thought much of it if i'm not mistaken.

Probably only notable now for starring roles for two future Jackie Chan opponents. Sonny Barnes in The Big Brawl and the legendary Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez from Wheels On Meals and Dragons Forever.:)

I think you've confused this film with the later FORCE FIVE (1981) which features both the above.

Almar@Cult Labs 25th February 2010 09:09 AM

Jaguar Lives did come up in discussion yesterday - just need to work out what's best to do with it in terms of how to market it.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th February 2010 09:14 AM

Just had a look at it on IMDB.That's an excellent cast the film has.

mark meakin 25th February 2010 09:46 AM

Jaguar Lives ! is worth picking up for the cast alone.The dvd should be restored as the old BBFC cut was just a brief scene of Joe Lewis twirling the old nunchaku.

Splatterdragon73 26th February 2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 64076)
I think you've confused this film with the later FORCE FIVE (1981) which features both the above.

I think you're right and i stand corrected.

The Joe Lewis connection must've confused me!:confused:

Almar@Cult Labs 19th July 2010 03:11 PM

Arrow Video - Jaguar Lives!

Arrow Video was never meant to be just a horror label but one that would embrace cool action, exploitation and other fine genres we love.

6th September sees Arrow Video step out with something different - a release of the super-cool action-packed Jaguar Lives! starring Joe Lewis, Christopher Lee, Donald Pleasence and many more...

"These treacherous times demand a new style of hero. NOW IS THE TIME FOR JAGUAR" Yeah baby!

Daemonia 19th July 2010 03:17 PM

Never heard of this one - but sounds super-cool. I'll be having one of these, for sure! :)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th July 2010 03:18 PM

This film sounds great. I've never seen it before, but with a title like that and a cast like that - I can't wait!!!!! Excellent news, Almar.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th July 2010 03:23 PM

This trailer looks great too...

YouTube - JAGUAR LIVES - 1979 Movie Trailer - Joe Lewis Donald Pleasence Christopher Lee

Pete 19th July 2010 03:27 PM

Wow, looks great! Will definitely be buying.

robertzombie 19th July 2010 06:44 PM

Awesome!

Philleh 20th July 2010 11:01 AM

Excellent news! Simón Andreu and Barbara Bach are also in this! :woot:

Will Arrow be sticking with the Shameless policy of having 18 ratings on all of the titles? as this would be a PG unless the extras bring the rating up.

Almar@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 11:04 AM

Good question - have passed it on.

Mansonsblood 20th July 2010 11:11 AM

At last! I'll definitely be having one of these! Cheers!

Almar@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 92969)
Excellent news! Simón Andreu and Barbara Bach are also in this! :woot:

Will Arrow be sticking with the Shameless policy of having 18 ratings on all of the titles? as this would be a PG unless the extras bring the rating up.

They'll probably go with the certificate they get for the film they say.

Pete 20th July 2010 11:36 AM

It's already been classified:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/BVF040230

btw: I think the BBFC's new site is much better!

Philleh 20th July 2010 11:46 AM

The new site is pretty sweet!

That's cool about keeping the original cert, hopefully it'll find a wider audience this way! :cool:

And here's an awesome poster for the film!

http://www.wrongsideoftheart.com/wp-..._poster_01.jpg

Phats 20th July 2010 04:20 PM

Christopher Lee and Donald Pleasence? I'm sold.

P-Mac 20th July 2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 93005)
Christopher Lee and Donald Pleasence? I'm sold.

Lee alone got my interest. He's brilliant in anything!

pedromonkey 20th July 2010 07:06 PM

this looks kick ass, one question though, is this being released on arrow Video or is it gonna be a launch title for a sub-label for action films?

Almar@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 07:48 PM

I have notions of a sub label but let's call this a toe in the water - it'll be Arrow Video - in essence a bit like Thorn EMI all over again - horror, action, and other select madness!

Inspector Tanzi 20th July 2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 93093)
I have notions of a sub label but let's call this a toe in the water - it'll be Arrow Video - in essence a bit like Thorn EMI all over again - horror, action, and other select madness!

I haven't seen this for about 20 years!!!

I notice on the BBFC website that it's passed uncut but previously was cut 26 seconds, any idea what the re-instated footage is?

the blob 20th July 2010 08:28 PM

Lovely. In my quest to have almost every appearance of Christopher Lee on dvd this was something I was hoping would still get a release sometime as I've yet to see it. Count me in. :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 08:35 PM

How in the hell am I managing to miss all these cool announcements? I swear i'm getting old!

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

We all know you'd like to get a lot of action movies released, I think Arrow are just the company to make it happen. :nod:

pedromonkey 20th July 2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

this is cool, are we likely to see Ricks artwork commissioned for the release because i would love to see what he can do with the world of action at his hands.

Almar@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 09:52 PM

We might be trying a different approach with artwork - gotta see what gets cooked up first.

pedromonkey 20th July 2010 11:10 PM

cool, cheers for the info Almar..

g053584398 20th July 2010 11:34 PM

I'ce never heard of this film before, but I like the look of it.

From the look, or should that be sound, of the trailer it sounds as though our American friends have a spot of bother when it coms to pronouncing the word 'jaguar' though...

Angel 22nd July 2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 93101)
I haven't seen this for about 20 years!!!

I notice on the BBFC website that it's passed uncut but previously was cut 26 seconds, any idea what the re-instated footage is?

Joe Lewis demonstrating his skills with a pair of nunchucks.

wayfarer 22nd July 2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

"Thorn EMI" - the good old bad old days! Great stuff!

Inspector Tanzi 22nd July 2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 93402)
Joe Lewis demonstrating his skills with a pair of nunchucks.

cheers

Almar@Cult Labs 12th August 2010 04:43 PM

Here we go folks - extras list for Jaguar Lives along with the all-important synopsis to whet your appetite!

Starring: Joe Lewis, Donald Pleasence, Christopher Lee, John Huston, Barbara Bach, Capucine
Directed by: Ernest Pintoff
Rating: 12
Duration: 87 mins

Overview: The World is safe because.... Jaguar Lives!

Jaguar Lives, featuring Christopher Lee (Lord of the Rings) and scenery chewing master class in screen villainy from Donald Pleasence (Halloween), is a James Bond-riffing action classic from the Halcyon days of the back street video shop.

1979 World Karate Champion Joe Lewis is the Jaguar; a man betrayed who is drawn back into the shady world of international crime fighting when a Heroin cartel sweeps to power across the Middle East and threatens to unbalance world peace. Only one man can infiltrate the borderless gang of criminal masterminds and that man is... The Jaguar. He will stop at nothing and he’s ready to kill to bring down the pushers and keep the streets clean.

The Jaguar – Man of Action, Master of Martial Arts, Lady Killer – is here to save the world again in a 70s B-Movie classic that’ll blow your mind. Packed with fast cars, big fights and bigger explosions, Jaguar Lives is a square jawed Rollercoaster ride to wall-to-wall Kung Fu and white hot action!

SPECIAL FEATURES
Original poster art reversible sleeve
28 page booklet by Andrew Staton on Joe Lewis, Anthony DeLongis and Jaguar Lives!
Original poster art and stills
Gallery featuring original promotional material and stills of Lewis and mentor Bruce Lee
Interview with Jaguar Lives! star Joe Lewis
Original Trailer

the blob 12th August 2010 04:47 PM

That sounds like a nice little package! :thumb:

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th August 2010 05:02 PM

It sounds good to me. Any news yet on this different approach to the artwork Almar?

Almar@Cult Labs 12th August 2010 05:05 PM

Yup - will hopefully have something for you to look at tomorrow.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th August 2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 96768)
Yup - will hopefully have something for you to look at tomorrow.

You can let everyone else look at it too if you like :D

g053584398 12th August 2010 05:45 PM

Is this a new transfer or will it use the existing one?