Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Mario Bava's Bay of Blood - Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3288-arrow-video-mario-bavas-bay-blood-archive-conversation.html)

gorehound-09 20th July 2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 93002)
Mario Bava is a director who deserves his day in the sun here in the UK and Arrow Video intend to put that to rights with the release of his magnificent Bay of Blood (the 13 slayings in this film are widely believed to have been a major influence on "Friday the 13th") on 22nd September with both DVD and Blu-ray releases planned - more info as it comes through!

Twitch of the Death Nerve (1971) :pop2:

Brilliant i love the fulci and argento films you guys have been releasing and now Mario is on the list awesome.

I would like to add that i would love to see some more giallos, weird monster movies and slasher films that you guys can get. Keep up the good work guys i seriously cant wait to add the latest editons to my collection :rockon:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 05:40 PM

Fantastic news Almar, and Playzocker, that artwork has always been my favourite for the film, I'd love to see it used for this release.

brain dead 20th July 2010 05:48 PM

If this does get released on Blu, anyone know if this is potentially the first Bava blu worldwide? I've had a quick search in the past and never come across any.

Mojo 20th July 2010 06:31 PM

Wow! This was a ( pleasant ) surprise! I must admit it's not my favourite Bava, but I'll certainly be up for a BD.

medwaygarage 20th July 2010 06:33 PM

Great film,got a very nice French one panel poster for this one,I'll try and post a photo next week when I get back to Bristol.
The sound has been very problematic on a lot of releases of this title,so fingers crossed.A nice extra would be the Italian version which includes different set ups [no different scenes though] shot in Italian,sounds much better in it's original language as well ! Good luck with this one !

Inspector Tanzi 20th July 2010 06:34 PM

Fantastic news:cool:

Any other Bava's in the pipe line, I reckon Black Sunday's gorgeous black & white photography would look absolutely stunning given the blu ray treatment.

medwaygarage 20th July 2010 06:40 PM

Can I suggest a Blu Ray of 'Blood And Black Lace',using the same materials the German dvd used,by far the best quality version worldwide !

Philleh 20th July 2010 06:41 PM

Agreed, Blood and Blacklace deserves a high quality release - and Arrow are the perfect company to deliver one!!

mr. brightside 20th July 2010 07:23 PM

Fantastic news. Put me down for a Blu. You guys are doing us proud.
A Blu for Blood And Black Lace, would be awesone, ditto Black Sabbath, Kill, Baby...Kill! and Black Sunday. Greedy, aren't I?

Kudos to you:clap:

bgart13 20th July 2010 07:29 PM

:shocked:

:dance:

Very cool news! Will the Italian version be included? And, I don't mean dub -- Bava shot an Italian version at the same time (see the Raro dvd for more info).

Thanks so much, Arrow & Almar! Wow...will there be more Bava or is this a test at this point to see how his film does?

Wow...just, wow...