Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Mario Bava's Bay of Blood - Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3288-arrow-video-mario-bavas-bay-blood-archive-conversation.html)

bdc 20th July 2010 07:32 PM

Very nice! :thumb:
Curious what it will look like!

KaiGusto 20th July 2010 07:35 PM

Great to hear this news! I take it the case/artwork design will be the same as the previous Arrow Blu-Rays?

medwaygarage 20th July 2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 93090)
:shocked:

:dance:

Very cool news! Will the Italian version be included? And, I don't mean dub -- Bava shot an Italian version at the same time (see the Raro dvd for more info).

Thanks so much, Arrow & Almar! Wow...will there be more Bava or is this a test at this point to see how his film does?

Wow...just, wow...

Just to clarrify what bgart13 is saying,there are two versions of 'Bay Of Blood',filmed back to back,one in italian and one which was used for the English dub,the Italian version is unique to the RARO VIDEO dvd in Italy,It is
not possible to use the Italian audio over the English dubbed version as it will not fit,the scenes were shot twice.I hope Arrow can use both versions of the film,It would be one hell of an extra !

Funktion 20th July 2010 08:01 PM

I'll say to this the same thing I said about Dario Argento Blu-Ray releases: you keep releasing Mario Bava films on Blu-Ray disc, and I will keep buying them, day one. As simple as that... :)

the blob 20th July 2010 08:06 PM

This is good news! Are we going to have a vote for 'Bay of Blood' on blu thread? :lol:

Please, please.. Blood and Black Lace. :nod:

Inspector Tanzi 20th July 2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 93100)
This is good news! Are we going to have a vote for 'Bay of Blood' on blu thread? :lol:

Please, please.. Blood and Black Lace. :nod:

No need for a vote, it's getting both.

check out the first post.

the blob 20th July 2010 08:18 PM

I completely missed that phrase Blu-Ray! I think I'll cry a little with joy. :)

And my wallet will cry tears of pain...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 10:14 PM

Fantastic news!

I've just got in.You've Dirty Harry'd me-Made my day!:happy:

Playzocker 20th July 2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medwaygarage (Post 93076)
Can I suggest a Blu Ray of 'Blood And Black Lace',using the same materials the German dvd used,by far the best quality version worldwide !

Well, if you want me to I can ask Anolis if they have a high definition transfer of the film. Sadly, when asked a while back they said that they're not planning on releasing Blu-rays in the (near) future ... maybe that has changed since Blu-ray shouldn't be tooooo expensive to produce anymore.

bgart13 21st July 2010 01:52 AM

Almar, any idea if BAY will be region-free or not?

Re: BLOOD & BLACK LACE -- would love to see a blu-ray of it! Needs to have the English track included with the Italian, however.