Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Battle Royale - The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3309-arrow-video-battle-royale-archive-conversation.html)

x43x 16th October 2010 10:32 PM

Hope you're right. I've seen several posts on other forums from people ordering multiple copies, most likely to sell later when they are sold out so they can make a buck.

DaveSimonH 17th October 2010 04:56 PM

How awesome would it be if you received in no.0001 or no.5000 of the limited run ;)
Although I'm guessing the staff working on it will snag the first few

Well I pre-ordered at Amazon, hoping I receive a couple of days early like I did when I got Dawn of the Dead from HMV. I think that set was £18, so £15 for BR is great. Although to be honest the Arrow blu releases are all like collectors editions.

Almar@Cult Labs 20th October 2010 02:53 PM

Want to know the full Battle Royale specs:

Arrow Video - Battle Royale - The DVD and Blu-Ray Specs - Cult Labs - The Official Forums for Select Cult Films, TV, Labels and More

scribbler 11th December 2010 12:50 PM

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk
We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent :
1 Battle Royale - Special Ed... £14.99

I've been waiting for that email. Oh man, have I been waiting for that email! Please God, no more snow. My mail is already a week behind. :pray:

DaveSimonH 11th December 2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scribbler (Post 116409)
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk
We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent :
1 Battle Royale - Special Ed... £14.99

I've been waiting for that email. Oh man, have I been waiting for that email! Please God, no more snow. My mail is already a week behind. :pray:

Yeah I just checked my account, says "Dispatching Soon", fingers crossed it gets sent out today.

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th December 2010 05:39 PM

Got my BD set today. Is it acceptable for a grown man to admit that he was giddy as a schoolgirl when he saw it? :lol:

P-Mac 13th December 2010 05:58 PM

My DVD boxset arrived today :D! Number 1218, and it's massive :eek:! I ordered a DVD, not the Bible :lol:!

DaveSimonH 13th December 2010 07:33 PM

I'm still waiting for Amazon to dispatch :mmph:
I'll preorder from HMV next time, I really don't know what possessed me to preorder from Amazon...

I can't see it arriving by xmas now, especially considering the huge backlog of post in Scotland, which will probably increase because the weather is supposedly going to get bad again towards the end of the week.

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th December 2010 08:45 PM

Just had a good look through the whole package and I've come to the conclusion that Arrows Battle Royale may be their best release yet (a bold statement considering what's been released so far). I think it's going to take something special to outdo this one. One thing I really liked was the booklet with concept art for the boxset, including a few contributions from HIgh Rising Productions Naomi Holwill. Very cool indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th December 2010 10:35 PM

I haven't yet read the booklet or comic book and have only briefly scanned through the concept art booklet but I'll do that tomorrow and probably watch the film again sometime this week.

Anyway, it is one of the top five releases of the year by any studio and is probably Arrow's best.