Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2010, 11:54 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
That's my only concern. I'm not worried about problems getting amazon to replace the order (they did once before when the international mail got messed up by that volcanic ash cloud) but that by the time it's late enough to get them to replace it the limited will be sold out (amazon don't appear to have it in stock right now)
That'd be especially annoying since I've had it pre-ordered since august.
If you are worried about missing out you could order from play.com (think they do US orders too, not sure if HMV do international shipping) and then if/when the 2nd copy arrives you could ship it back or keep to give to a friend or sell.
Old 28th December 2010, 02:04 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
If you are worried about missing out you could order from play.com (think they do US orders too, not sure if HMV do international shipping) and then if/when the 2nd copy arrives you could ship it back or keep to give to a friend or sell.
That's what I'm thinking of doing if it doesn't show up in the next couple of days. I'm gonna get HMV to ship it to my folks and they can ship it to me (HMV are a bit pricey for international shipping and Play.com don't ship to the US (or even allow you to use a US credit card)
Old 29th December 2010, 09:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

My two HMV pre-ordered BR HD editions eventually made an appearance through my letterbox a few days before the big day and i feared the relevant items might've suffered some damage in transit given the current postal delay. However, i'm pleased to say this was not the case and the above copies in question arrived in expectedly pristine condition.

I only hope all other members here still waiting for their own BR releases receive them a.s.a.p. and in similarly fault-free form.
Old 29th December 2010, 09:55 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
That's what I'm thinking of doing if it doesn't show up in the next couple of days. I'm gonna get HMV to ship it to my folks and they can ship it to me (HMV are a bit pricey for international shipping and Play.com don't ship to the US (or even allow you to use a US credit card)
And as it still didn't turn up, I decided to do just that.
It'll probably arrive at my parents by the weekend.
Old 6th January 2011, 09:06 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

I was going to order a backup copy. Amazon is out, HMV emailed today to say they can't fill the order. Looks like there's some left on Play.com.
Old 6th January 2011, 10:58 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
I was going to order a backup copy. Amazon is out, HMV emailed today to say they can't fill the order. Looks like there's some left on Play.com.
I don't see much point in that, think I'm just going to wait and get the Special Edition to go with my LE. I'll probably wait till its around the £10 mark too.
Old 6th January 2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I don't see much point in that, think I'm just going to wait and get the Special Edition to go with my LE. I'll probably wait till its around the £10 mark too.
I have a holiday home that I keep a small collection at. I prefer to keep a stock of duplicate favourites there instead of carting disks back and forth to stop risk of damage or loss. I suppose I could just get the special, but I like to have nice things!
Old 6th January 2011, 02:00 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
I have a holiday home that I keep a small collection at. I prefer to keep a stock of duplicate favourites there instead of carting disks back and forth to stop risk of damage or loss. I suppose I could just get the special, but I like to have nice things!
At least its not another to sell, the ebay vultures are already circling this set
Old 6th January 2011, 03:33 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
At least its not another to sell, the ebay vultures are already circling this set
I see they're already selling on amazon for 40 quid and up. Well, I managed to get a copy sent to my parents from HMV so if my amazon one doesn't show up I'll at least have a copy.
Old 7th January 2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
The weird thing is, I saw some on ebay being bid up for more than Amazon etc while they were still in stock at all the main sites. Weird.

Like this? Share it using the links below!