Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2010, 07:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Superb. That tune is probably the defining piece from the Goblin soundtrack. I enjoyed it so much that I have posted it on another forum.

Last edited by The Limey; 6th November 2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 7th November 2010, 09:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

PROFONDO ROSSO (Video Clip) by DAEMONIA

Old 8th November 2010, 01:55 PM
Cult Rookie

So I guess we have to wait for the disc being released to find out whether a mono soundtrack is included.

Sorry, but listing it as 'Mono/Stereo' is no help at all...
Old 8th November 2010, 05:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libretio View Post
So I guess we have to wait for the disc being released to find out whether a mono soundtrack is included.

Sorry, but listing it as 'Mono/Stereo' is no help at all...
I took it to mean it had both a mono and stereo track.
Old 8th November 2010, 05:38 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I took it to mean it had both a mono and stereo track.
That's possible, but it's ambiguous, to say the least! It would have been nice for someone associated with the release to confirm things one way or the other. But, for whatever reason, it doesn't look like that's going to happen...
Old 8th November 2010, 06:27 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Fear not - there is information folks on the audio to be pored over. Have a ponder on this:

Here’s the breakdown on the audio for BD and DVD courtesy of Fran at Arrow:

Director’s Cut
- Italian 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (Blu-ray) / Italian 5.1 Dolby Digital (DVD)
- Italian Stereo
- English & Italian Mono/Stereo*

International Cut
- English Mono

*This audio option is a re-assembled audio track from two sources. The English Mono audio is in its most complete form, any English audio missing was either never recorded or is lost. Any English audio not present has been mixed in with Italian Stereo audio. This is the most complete audio track available since it is likely that when Deep Red was cut down for the international (English) market they only needed English audio for this version, no other English audio has been found and also no other Mono audio. In order to preserve the original audio track we have opted to release this audio mix as it is the closest we can get to the original track.
Old 8th November 2010, 07:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Fear not - there is information folks on the audio to be pored over. Have a ponder on this:

Here’s the breakdown on the audio for BD and DVD courtesy of Fran at Arrow:

Director’s Cut
- Italian 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (Blu-ray) / Italian 5.1 Dolby Digital (DVD)
- Italian Stereo
- English & Italian Mono/Stereo*

International Cut
- English Mono

*This audio option is a re-assembled audio track from two sources. The English Mono audio is in its most complete form, any English audio missing was either never recorded or is lost. Any English audio not present has been mixed in with Italian Stereo audio. This is the most complete audio track available since it is likely that when Deep Red was cut down for the international (English) market they only needed English audio for this version, no other English audio has been found and also no other Mono audio. In order to preserve the original audio track we have opted to release this audio mix as it is the closest we can get to the original track.
Sorry to be a pain but can you tell me if we´re gonna get full english subtitles for both versions, and on both audios like inferno?
Old 8th November 2010, 07:59 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Many thanks for putting my mind at rest, Almar - very much appreciated. In that case, I look forward to buying a copy of the disc.

One thing, though: You say the original Italian version was in stereo?! You mean, the film was released theatrically in Italy with an optical (or magnetic) stereo option? If true, that's quite unusual for a film of this nature...
Old 8th November 2010, 09:35 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Sorry to be a pain but can you tell me if we´re gonna get full english subtitles for both versions, and on both audios like inferno?
Full English subtitles for English and Italian versions of the director's cut and English subtitles for the theatrical cut.
Old 8th November 2010, 09:56 PM
Cultist in Training

Any more news Almar on why Amazon haven't got the blu-ray up for pre-order yet?

Like this? Share it using the links below!