Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - A Bay of Blood - The BD and DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3839-arrow-video-bay-blood-bd-dvd-specs.html)

bgart13 7th February 2011 09:39 PM

Ha! It finally arrived today.

bdc 8th February 2011 07:58 PM

:rockon:

z0mbi3v1ru5 10th February 2011 02:06 AM

Cheers all!

Just wanted to sign-up and chime in. I'm new to this forum, even thought I've read many posts from this fantastic site. If you're wondering why I choose this section to enter, it's because I ordered my first arrow film the other day from amazon.uk ( as I live in the U.S. ) - Can't wait for it to get here! I'm sure you guessed, it's the blu ray of bay of blood. Excite.:dance:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z0mbi3v1ru5 (Post 127297)

Cheers all!

Just wanted to sign-up and chime in. I'm new to this forum, even thought I've read many posts from this fantastic site. If you're wondering why I choose this section to enter, it's because I ordered my first arrow film the other day from amazon.uk ( as I live in the U.S. ) - Can't wait for it to get here! I'm sure you guessed, it's the blu ray of bay of blood. Excite.:dance:

Welcome z0mbi3v1ru5. I hope you find the Bay of Blood Blu-ray to your liking, and that you enjoy your time here. :welcome:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z0mbi3v1ru5 (Post 127297)

Cheers all!

Welcome to Cult Labs! The Bay of Blood Blu-ray really is something special and I've seen it about three times so far.

You could officially announce yourself at:
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/welc...say-hello.html.

z0mbi3v1ru5 10th February 2011 02:22 PM

I'd much rather talk to you guys. Just kidding- I'll head over and do that. Sorry for the out of place post. Back to subject, I've heard nothing but good pertaining to the BoB blu.: Thanks for the welcome.

bgart13 10th February 2011 09:25 PM

I watched the first hour of A BAY OF BLOOD last night and wanted to say something here about it. I am going to eat my words a little bit and admit that the transfer for this release is really outstanding. I'm pretty amazed at how crisp and detailed the transfer turned out. If I'd never seen the movie before, I wouldn't have any idea that the colors were pulled down to make it appear less stylized. If not for the color matter, I'd say this release is very nearly definitive. I think this probably has the best transfer of the Arrow blu-rays I've got so far, too. Thank you, Arrow.

I will add one huge drawback with this disc though -- I want all the other Bavas on blu-ray!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th February 2011 07:16 AM

How did you manage to only watch an hour and not carry on until the end? I agree with you about the picture quality but I'm still bemused by how you can stop watching a brilliant horror film about two thirds of the way through!

bgart13 11th February 2011 07:42 PM

Got too tired and needed to go to bed. Been a Hell of a week at work. Otherwise, I def agree! But I did finish it last night after work.

springjack 14th February 2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 127476)
How did you manage to only watch an hour and not carry on until the end? I agree with you about the picture quality but I'm still bemused by how you can stop watching a brilliant horror film about two thirds of the way through!

I never managed to sit through "Bay of Blood" in one go...

I like the movie a lot but somehow get bored in one go.