Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2011, 07:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
That wouldn't be this glorious incarnation would it Almar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That's the one I always think of with Vamp!
LOL... the 80s were good in everything...

Check out the huge breasts of Miss Jones... SO BIG

This reminds me...

VAMP + GRACE JONES = THE DEVIL IN MISS JONES
Old 14th January 2011, 09:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
LOL... the 80s were good in everything...

Check out the huge breasts of Miss Jones... SO BIG
Pull up to ma bumpa babeee!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I'm not surprised - it is the Internet afterall. Anytime someone tries to do something good the 'fans' start complaining. And I'm not just talking about Arrow either: it's every distributor. I wonder why anyone even bothers releasing stuff anymore. (of course there is nothing wrong with criticism but people just don't seem to want to say anything positive anymore.)
I think that genre film buffs are perhaps more critical than fans of more mainstream fodder and I think that, as with most things in life, balance is necessary when taking these things into account.

I remember all the controversy over the Anchor Bay release of the Coffin Joe box set. I mean I was amazed, and in fact still am, that Anchor Bay actually decided to release those films at all on the UK market. I mean I can't imagine they managed to move many units of it, although I really do hope that I'm wrong and it did okay for them. I myself was as pleased as punch to get hold of all those films in a box set and the fact that they hadn't been transferred from the negatives and restored didn't really matter to me. As long as a film is uncut and in the correct aspect ratio, I'm happy. Extras can be enjoyable, but make no real difference to me when it comes to making a purchase.

I think companies that release DVDs should be praised for the work that they do, even if we are talking about those with no extras, and those who go the extra mile even more so. I can see the point that some, if not all, genre DVD labels must, at certain times, feel frustrated and wonder what they can do to make everyone happy. But, of course, it is impossible, even illogical, to make everyone happy!

Having said that, I also believe that is is fair and indeed democratic to criticise in cases where something is considered amiss. And as to the question of what constitutes being amiss, well of course that is down to individual interpretation. Some people will complain if say an original mono track isn't included with a release of a Shaw Brothers film. Others may be irked by the fact that a Hong Kong cut as opposed to a longer Taiwanese cut of a given Hong Kong film is released. For me personally, I tend to be disappointed by non-anamorphic widescreen transfers, truncated releases of films and terribly handled compression. I would like to think though that, on balance, I am more of a glass half full person than the alternative.

Getting back to the primary subject of the thread, I've never seen Vamp before. Is it any good?

Last edited by g053584398; 14th January 2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 15th January 2011, 02:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
Getting back to the primary subject of the thread, I've never seen Vamp before. Is it any good?
For me is right up there with "Fright Night" and "The Lost Boys" as a horror comedy.

Some might not agreed with me on that.
Old 15th January 2011, 09:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
For me "Vamp" is right up there with "Fright Night" and "The Lost Boys" as a horror comedy.
You and me both!

Imo '80s vampire outings don't come any better than these three efforts. Very enjoyable all of 'em.
Old 15th January 2011, 02:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
For me is right up there with "Fright Night" and "The Lost Boys" as a horror comedy.

Some might not agreed with me on that.
High praise indeed. The Lost Boys and Fright Night are two of my favourites.

Now if only we could get hold of a widescreen anamorphic release of Fright Night 2.
Old 15th January 2011, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Now if only we could get hold of a widescreen anamorphic release of Fright Night 2.
Fright Night 2 ... shudder!!! I will stick with Katrina in Vamp ta

Old 16th January 2011, 03:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
You and me both!

Imo '80s vampire outings don't come any better than these three efforts. Very enjoyable all of 'em.
Good taste!!!

Quote:
High praise indeed. The Lost Boys and Fright Night are two of my favourites.

Then you canĀ“t go wrong with Vamp... very 80s!

Some say the Fright Night 1 and 2 will get special editions when the renake is released... Nothing is confirmed though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Fright Night 2 ... shudder!!! I will stick with Katrina in Vamp ta

Fright Night 2 is bad in a good way... Love that movie.
Old 26th January 2011, 12:24 PM
Ex-member

So, what's the timetable on when we might see the rest of the art panels for this fine release?
Old 26th January 2011, 12:42 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
So, what's the timetable on when we might see the rest of the art panels for this fine release?
Good point - time to reveal Rick's panel for Vamp in all its glory!

This is panel 2:

Like this? Share it using the links below!