All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:01 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Funhouse – How You Discovered It

I first came across this several years ago when I was given the previous release to review. How did you come across the film; did you see it in the cinema, on VHS, on DVD or haven't you seen it yet?
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Saw the film originally on video many years ago when I started seeking out other Tobe Hooper films to watch being such a fan of Texas Chainsaw 1 & 2 & Poltergeist. I was quite young at the time so couldn't remember much about but watched again a few years ago and again at end of last year and love the film and think it will make for an excellent Arrow release!

Was lucky enough to get a signed copy of the DVD at one of Callum's GFT events!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

I originally saw The Funhouse on pre-cert VHS back when it was only available from video rental shops, I thought it was okay.I couldn't believe when it made the infamous video nasties list as it didn't begin to compare to stuff like Cannibal Ferox or Zombie Flesh Eaters in the graphic gore stakes.I picked up the Universal R1 DVD some while back and watched it again, I liked it more on this viewing than I did first time round.
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:56 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I first saw this on VHS back in the 90's, not sure if it was the pre-cert or not. I do remember being very unimpressed with it. Then some years back I picked up the R1 Uinversal DVD and seeing it in widescreen gave it a fresh perspective and I enjoyed it immensely this time round. So I'll definitely be picking up the BD when Arrow release it!
Old 4th May 2011, 05:48 AM
Cult Rookie

I first saw this on a double bill with My Bloody Valentine on it's initial UK cinema release on Oxfoer Street in London. The cinema is now long gone......I was blown away by the stereo (in those days) sound effect when entering the Funhouse, this was rare in lower budget horror films back in the day. A great double bill.
Old 7th June 2011, 11:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Saw this for the first time on Sunday at the GFT screening. I enjoyed it and will be getting the new Bluray
Old 7th June 2011, 05:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I first saw the old CIC video release which I've always gathered was incomplete.A great film with some fine 'jumps'.
Old 4th March 2012, 03:03 PM
Cult Rookie

I discovered this classic, whilst leafing through a book about Special Make Up Effects in Horror Films, it had a write up about the film, and it should some stills of the Excellent make up of Craig Reardon, i was eager to see this film! so i ventured to my local Video Shop Horror section and i happened to find the film itself in a pre-cert CIC Video, when i managed to rent it i got home and to my horror the tape was unwatchable due to the fact that it was worn out! i had to make do with searching elsewhere for it! and search through TV listings in the hope that it would be televised! but with thanks to 'Youtube' i managed to watch an adequate upload of it in 'Widescreen' it's taken me nearly 10 years later to actually see 'The Funhouse' in it's entirety! the Blu-Ray is nothing short of excellent!

Like this? Share it using the links below!