Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2011, 03:03 PM
Cultist

I did see this, and it is exactly why I don't like reviewing check discs. I appreciate the early look at things, but I would rather let my readers be able to judge the finished product. I'm hopeful! I just hope it doesn't push the release back too far, though I'd prefer to wait a little bit if that it what it takes.

Twitch - We Know Stuff
Old 21st February 2011, 08:29 PM
Cultist

If Almar and the gang want the opinions of Nick & myself on The Beyond, they know what to do...

Kev W
Old 21st February 2011, 08:49 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson Bros View Post
If Almar and the gang want the opinions of Nick & myself on The Beyond, they know what to do...

Kev W
We always do but we wait for you guys to ask! Drop DeBell a line.
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:48 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
With all due respect, Nos, the discussion was about a review that pointed out that the opening had been altered to monochrome, so it is relevant. I'm also a bit baffled as to why this was done and will await news from Arrow on this issue. The thing is, a film like The Beyond is loved by many genre fans the world over and won't be forgiving if Fulci's vision has been tampered with in any way. I know that I'm used to seeing it in sepiatone and if I saw it in monochrome it would be very jarring and wouldn't sit well with me.
Same with me but it looks like will will have to tip toe around this as usual.
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:55 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Same with me but it looks like will will have to tip toe around this as usual.
How do you mean tip toe around it?

The cat's out the bag, the horse has bolted out the stable door, somewhere a glaring error was made, it doesn't really matter who was responsible as Arrow are now going to correct it, and full credit to them for that!

Surely in a case like this its 100% vital that people make their views known?
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:58 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
How do you mean tip toe around it?

The cat's out the bag, the horse has bolted out the stable door, somewhere a glaring error was made, it doesn't really matter who was responsible as Arrow are now going to correct it, and full credit to them for that!

Surely in a case like this its 100% vital that people make their views known?
You know what I mean Andy, as much as I like it on here I feel it is the only forum I feel I can't express myself properly on without fear or getting infractions for nothing.

I'm glad it is being sorted but you could imagine some of the replys there would be if that wasn't the case.

i.e. "I actually prefer in in black and white to sepia, keep up the good work arrow " and comments like that
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:09 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
You know what I mean Andy, as much as I like it on here I feel it is the only forum I feel I can't express myself properly on without fear or getting infractions for nothing.

I'm glad it is being sorted but you could imagine some of the replys there would be if that wasn't the case.

i.e. "I actually prefer in in black and white to sepia, keep up the good work arrow " and comments like that
There wouldn't have been from me.

One guy who was saying more or less that yesterday actually admitted after that he'd never seen the film, then when Jonny showed him some screen grabs (black and white versus sepia) he fully accepted what we were saying.

I know you, like me, have bought all the Arrow Blu Rays so far, plus a lot of their DVDs, and they have to respect their customer base.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:16 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
I know you, like me, have bought all the Arrow Blu Rays so far, plus a lot of their DVDs, and they have to respect their customer base.
I have them all so far apart from Caligula
Old 22nd February 2011, 01:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

You sniffing around for some freebies, Andy?
Old 22nd February 2011, 01:42 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
You sniffing around for some freebies, Andy?
I like a freebie Paul, always have

Like this? Share it using the links below!