Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:30 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

What I don't get is that if discs are sent to sellers of the product roughly a week before release and the release date is march 14th why isn't the issue sorted out beforehand. If anything they may still be at the pressing plant.

Will there be any information given with the released discs to the retailers/online sellers to let people know or will it be a case of "If you know about it you can get it changed".

how many people who have never seen the film before are gonna know about this mistake who don't visit forums etc or know much about Euro cult cinema?
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

My only question, as I'm a little unsure of something. If this isn't released until 14th March and the issue was identified two weeks ago, why is it that this whole "if you get a dodgy one send it back" has arisen? From my understanding arch doesn't usually get to retailers until the week before release and there's still nearly two weeks to go
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:46 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Replicators aren't standing by ready to churn out complete sets at a moments notice - you need to book in to make your release date and as no one releases as complex titles as Arrow from the amount of insertions to the bespoke packaging they take longer to make so they have to go into production - hence there's going to be an early batch with the old disc. Replacement before has been swift and I'm sure the same will be the case again.
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

So is it guranteed that if your pre-order then you will get old batch as retailers would be using older batch first.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:51 PM
Active Cultist

Could the people who get a b&w just send the proof of purchase instead of sending back the disc?
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:52 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
So is it guranteed that if your pre-order then you will get old batch as retailers would be using older batch first.
I'd say that's highly likely and for the other point after yours it's been a case of send the disc back before and that worked fine - and anyone abroad can rest assured it should work as well - full details will be given out.
Old 2nd March 2011, 07:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Replicators aren't standing by ready to churn out complete sets at a moments notice - you need to book in to make your release date and as no one releases as complex titles as Arrow from the amount of insertions to the bespoke packaging they take longer to make so they have to go into production - hence there's going to be an early batch with the old disc. Replacement before has been swift and I'm sure the same will be the case again.
I understand that Almar, but how come there's a chance that the dodgy copies can still get out to retailers so far ahead of release?
Old 2nd March 2011, 07:02 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I understand that Almar, but how come there's a chance that the dodgy copies can still get out to retailers so far ahead of release?
The new stock can't be made fast enough so the date would slip plus the old stock would have to be destroyed and that's ruinous.
Old 2nd March 2011, 07:12 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
The new stock can't be made fast enough so the date would slip plus the old stock would have to be destroyed and that's ruinous.
I agree that's why i would like to keep the original copy i purchase and provide the proof of purchase to get the new copy. It would be a nice gesture from arrow to its loyal fans.
Old 2nd March 2011, 07:13 PM
Ex-member

What is the point of your test discs if you apparently go ahead and press the discs anyway before hearing if there is anything wrong. If your window was just a little longer then people wouldn't have to go through this ridiculous exchange each time there's a problem.

Still waiting on the sepia question...

Like this? Share it using the links below!