Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Beyond – The Official Returns Policy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4899-beyond-%E2%80%93-official-returns-policy.html)

Sobral 29th March 2011 12:50 AM

Email sent, quick confirmation from Arrow, looking good :)

zombi3 31st March 2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_reloaded (Post 139288)
I sent my scanned packing slip and the rest of the info over a week ago, and still no email confirmation that it was received. Should I be concerned?

I sent mine last Friday, no response yet.

nekromantik 31st March 2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombi3 (Post 139800)

check your junk folder?
I sent my email 2 days ago at 11PM and got a reply by 11am yesterday.

zombi3 31st March 2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 139801)
check your junk folder?
I sent my email 2 days ago at 11PM and got a reply by 11am yesterday.

Yep, nothing in there either. I'll probably give it another week before I re-send it. I don't think the replacement discs are quite ready to ship anyway.

horror4life 31st March 2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombi3 (Post 139803)
Yep, nothing in there either. I'll probably give it another week before I re-send it. I don't think the replacement discs are quite ready to ship anyway.

I emailed them last monday morning and got an reply with in 2 hours :).

neo_reloaded 31st March 2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombi3 (Post 139800)

I got concerned seeing how other people were saying they got same-day responses, so I re-sent it with a small note saying "Sorry for the repeat email, just wanted to make sure this was received." I got a near-instant reply saying "This is the first email we've received from you, but you're now on the list and will receive a replacement disc when we have them."

I don't know how the first email was lost - Gmail says it was sent fine, and I've never had problems like that before. Maybe the problem is on their end. But I guess the take-away message is that if you haven't received a reply, perhaps it is best you re-send your email to make sure it has been properly received!

zombi3 1st April 2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_reloaded (Post 139947)
I got concerned seeing how other people were saying they got same-day responses, so I re-sent it with a small note saying "Sorry for the repeat email, just wanted to make sure this was received." I got a near-instant reply saying "This is the first email we've received from you, but you're now on the list and will receive a replacement disc when we have them."

I don't know how the first email was lost - Gmail says it was sent fine, and I've never had problems like that before. Maybe the problem is on their end. But I guess the take-away message is that if you haven't received a reply, perhaps it is best you re-send your email to make sure it has been properly received!

Thanks. Sent a follow up Email yesterday and got a response this morning.

LoBo 1st April 2011 06:27 PM

1 week from now, 8th April, then it`s been 3 weeks since it was said it would be shipped out. I look forward when the discs will be shipped out next Friday.

Snatcher42 1st April 2011 06:48 PM

Just got an email from Arrow apologizing for the delay. They're out of BD50s, so will be splitting the film up on two BD25s instead.

April Fools. :P

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 140230)
Just got an email from Arrow apologizing for the delay. They're out of BD50s, so will be splitting the film up on two BD25s instead.

:lol: it's 3 actually. :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 140230)

Not bad, but do you know you can't pull April fools pranks after midday?

springjack 2nd April 2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 140238)
Not bad, but do you know you can't pull April fools pranks after midday?

That´s new... only in England for sure...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd April 2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 140543)
That´s new... only in England for sure...

Maybe it's just me as I've always been of the understanding that you can't pull any pranks after midday. I read about a great one in Los Angeles which took place in 1992, when airliner after airliner descended into LAX where locals had made an 85 foot banner which said 'Welcome to Chicago'!

mercury 3rd April 2011 10:40 AM

I thought it was 12:00 aswell. Maybe someone just made that up so they wouldn't get pranked all day:)

masdawg 3rd April 2011 05:17 PM

If you do a Google search, its all over the internet, but I was trying to find a reliable enough source to post from - so this is from the BBC's h2g2 site:
Quote:

In some countries (eg, Ireland and Cyprus) the tradition goes that after 12 noon you can no longer play tricks. In the afternoon, whoever does play a trick becomes the fool. This scenario may have been designed by adults to give themselves a bit of a rest.
So, it seems it just depends where in the world you are. I wanted to look this up, because my mum (an Australian all her life) always told me that it ended at noon as well. So, it used to be noon in Australia too. I dont think people seem to care much anymore though.

...so by the looks of it, you could be right there, mercury :lol:

springjack 3rd April 2011 07:30 PM

So, in some countries (myself included), we have "April Fool´s Day".

In others, we have "April Fool´s Midday"... :laugh:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd April 2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 140654)
So, in some countries (myself included), we have "April Fool´s Day".

In others, we have "April Fool´s Midday"... :laugh:

I prefer to call it 'April Fool's Morning'! At least that way, if someone plays a trick on me in the afternoon, I can call them a fool as I'm playing by the rules I had as a kid.

Snatcher42 3rd April 2011 11:13 PM

You guys have really killed this. :lol:

masdawg 3rd April 2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 140686)
You guys have really killed this. :lol:

:lol: Sorry mate,
Wasn't trying to come across as having a go at you or anything...just was genuinely interested, as I was just talking to my mum about it the other day! :)
Anyway...its probably about time somebody said it: Let's try and get :focus: :p

Der Spieler 4th April 2011 02:45 AM

So what's up with the corrected discs?

HinduCow 4th April 2011 02:22 PM

24 days since i emailed for replacement of The Beyond

So I was wondering if there's an update as I've gone past the 21 days expected to wait for The Beyond replacement disc. I did email Laura at Arrow but nothing back. This seems like a really stressful situation over at Arrow.

HinduCow 4th April 2011 03:56 PM

Just had an update

And the update is that they still don't have the discs ready. So the update is - no update!!

bgart13 5th April 2011 05:31 PM

Any news on the replacements? It would be appreciated.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 140906)
Any news on the replacements? It would be appreciated.

Nothing to report at the moment but, as soon as I have any definitive news, I'll let you know so, watch this space!

bgart13 5th April 2011 05:56 PM

Have the discs even been made yet?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 140911)

I'm not sure what stage the replacement process is in yet but I'll try and find out tomorrow and hopefully let you know.

Koukol 6th April 2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 140911)

Man, I hope so!

springjack 6th April 2011 05:37 AM

They probably went to fix the sound issue...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 03:09 PM

Right, this is how things currently stand with the replacement discs. The discs went into production earlier this week but, at the moment, we don't have a firm date as to when they will be finished and ready.

I hope to be in a position to give you some more definitive news – including a date – shortly but just wanted to keep you all informed.

KRW 6th April 2011 05:37 PM

I'm curious as to why you're still selling this title, and didnt just do a recall. Fair enough if copies have already been sent to Amazon and the like, but its still possible to buy a copy of the B&W version direct from Arrow?

springjack 6th April 2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 137746)
The last I heard, replacement discs were still in production and won't be available for at least another two or three weeks. If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.

This was on the 22nd of March...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 141087)
Right, this is how things currently stand with the replacement discs. The discs went into production earlier this week but, at the moment, we don't have a firm date as to when they will be finished and ready.

I hope to be in a position to give you some more definitive news – including a date – shortly but just wanted to keep you all informed.

OK, on the 22nd of March you said that the replacement discs were in production but now you say the replacement discs went into production earlier this week (4th of April)???!!!. So, I can assume that the statement made on the 22nd of March had no value and no production was made until earlier this week...

At least can you tell us for sure if with this delay sound synch issue is fixed?

bgart13 6th April 2011 05:51 PM

Thanks, Nos. A little disappointed the discs are just being made now, but hopefully that means a little extra work went into fixing THE BEYOND up just right. Hopefully!

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 05:53 PM

What sound sync issue?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 05:55 PM

I have no information about any synchronisation error -- I didn't notice one myself.

As for the two statements, the wording was perhaps not quite right as there is a difference between in production (i.e. being checked and changed slightly and then actually being 'produced' as in being authored and the discs actually be made.

As I said, there isn't really much to report at the moment but I shall let you know when the discs are hot off the press and being shipped out.

zombi3 6th April 2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 141111)
What sound sync issue?

Check at around 21:10 when the scene changes from Liza and Emily going into the house to Martha looking for Joe in the basement. The music cue and the line "Joe" come in way early. That's the one spot that I noticed, but I haven't watched the movie all the way through yet.

springjack 6th April 2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 141114)
I have no information about any synchronisation error -- I didn't notice one myself.

As for the two statements, the wording was perhaps not quite right as there is a difference between in production (i.e. being checked and changed slightly and then actually being 'produced' as in being authored and the discs actually be made.

As I said, there isn't really much to report at the moment but I shall let you know when the discs are hot off the press and being shipped out.

The synch issue was reported on the "technical debate" forum on the 26th of March and you were informed in this issue because you replyed to this message on the 31st of March saying:

"I didn't notice that synchronisation error, but I'll have another look and see what is on my check disc."

Besides that, you didn´t reply no more.

On other forum, after this was discovered, people said they experienced the same issues. Don´t know if this was in all the copies or just some batch, but there´s more than one people complaining about it.

By your remark, I see that nothing was made about this... another replacement program or Arrow will just fly by this one?

I cannot be precise if this happens on my copy because a friend of mine receives the orders from Amazon and I still have to pick this up from him.

wtfFILM 6th April 2011 06:59 PM

zombi3 speaks the truth - don't know how I missed this myself, but the problem is consistent across all 3 of the audio tracks (English 5.1, English 2.0, Italian 2.0). Just ran a quick cross check and, for what it's worth, the old Grindhouse / Anchor Bay DVD doesn't present with the problem. Also for what it's worth, the issue on the Arrow Blu-ray edition is very short lived - the audio is back in sync by the time Schweik's corpse starts rising later in the same scene.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 07:26 PM

I just had a look at my copy. Never noticed that either. Need to pay more attention to things when I'm watching them!

nekromantik 6th April 2011 07:43 PM

That wont get fixed so we gotta live with it :)

springjack 6th April 2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 141160)
That wont get fixed so we gotta live with it :)

:confused: