Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2011, 08:06 PM
Ex-member

See, this is the thing.

If the B&W disc still looks the dogs danglies, I might not even bother getting a replacement.

I thought it was a lower bitrate, which means lower PQ?

Old 14th March 2011, 08:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entity Appliance View Post
See, this is the thing.

If the B&W disc still looks the dogs danglies, I might not even bother getting a replacement.

Dunno about the bitrate issue Entity .. but the version I have got looks better than any Arrow blu I have by far. Maybe the source material was just a lot better for this release.
Old 14th March 2011, 08:11 PM
Ex-member

If you're telling me that this release is up there with the ''City Of The Living Dead'' BD or even better, then I'm a happy guy

Ordered it from amazon this morning
Old 14th March 2011, 10:03 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
See, this is the thing.

You'll notice the lower bitrate for sure. The discs that were sent out look REALLY shoddy.
Old 14th March 2011, 10:17 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Bazza, it would seem that the initial shipment have the B/W opening, so dunno if you want to wait. But many people are thinking this version will become collectible! Dunno myself .. but mine is the B/W opening. Other than that the picture and sound is absolutely stunning on Blu .. Arrow's best by far!!
You must have a different pressing to me.
Like one of the reviews said , the B&W footage is the least of its problems.

The picture quality is a joke and the DTS audio is rubbish.

Barely dvd quality , let alone Arrows best Bluray

Quote:
If you're telling me that this release is up there with the ''City Of The Living Dead'' BD or even better, then I'm a happy guy

Ordered it from amazon this morning

You'll be sorry you didn't wait although you will of course be able to change it.

As long as the B&W footage becomes sepia, the picture quality improves via a doubled bitrate - at least -and the audio is sorted the disc won't need to be sold on.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 15th March 2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Merged because there were two posts in as many minutes.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:17 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Bazza, it would seem that the initial shipment have the B/W opening, so dunno if you want to wait. But many people are thinking this version will become collectible! Dunno myself .. but mine is the B/W opening. Other than that the picture and sound is absolutely stunning on Blu .. Arrow's best by far!! Sorry if that sounded like I was rubbing it in mate .. wasn't intended.
Such a brilliant laugh and it's so early in the week.
Old 15th March 2011, 07:57 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This thread was opened so that people could discuss key issues with receiving/buying a copy from HMV, not debating the AV quality and certainly not descending into petty bickering.

If this discussion doesn't get back on topic, I'll have no option but to close this thread.
Old 15th March 2011, 08:12 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
This thread was opened so that people could discuss key issues with receiving/buying a copy from HMV, not debating the AV quality and certainly not descending into petty bickering.

If this discussion doesn't get back on topic, I'll have no option but to close this thread.

From what I've read, it looks like the majority of people went ahead and pre-ordered rather than take a trip to their local HMV. Probably a wise move considering the £25 price tag one poster seemingly got lumbered with
Old 15th March 2011, 09:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:

From what I've read, it looks like the majority of people went ahead and pre-ordered rather than take a trip to their local HMV. Probably a wise move considering the £25 price tag one poster seemingly got lumbered with
The price difference between HMV online and off is why I doubt the stores will be viable within the next couple of years. I use Amazon more than ever nowadays.
Old 15th March 2011, 09:26 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
The price difference between HMV online and off is why I doubt the stores will be viable within the next couple of years. I use Amazon more than ever nowadays.
Very good call. I agree with you 100%. Sometimes if I really, REALLY want something on the day of release I'll go to HMV but more often than not it's amazon for me too

Like this? Share it using the links below!