Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st March 2011, 12:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
I know, I know, but it's my lack of trust for the postal service that has left me in this situation. My doing I understand but Im yet to work out why so many HMV stores did not get their stock in. This is now the 5th that I have found that never received their stock. The rest sold out in the north.
You must live in a really bad postal area as I have had very few problems with Royal Mail. When I do have problems its usually late mail by 1 or 2 days.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st March 2011, 12:37 AM
Cult Rookie

My Dawn/Day discs were both 2 weeks late. I still don't see why you can't just buy instore, I dont like online ordering.

Ignore me, Im being a grump and a technophobe.
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:26 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
My Dawn/Day discs were both 2 weeks late. I still don't see why you can't just buy instore, I dont like online ordering.

I like buying instore as well - I get most things online but I do like the browsing and immediacy of instore. Weirdly my local Blockbuster has turned into a very good source for new Blu-rays at good prices.
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:

well if you dont have money problems then sure you dont mind buying in store

I went to my HMV and low and behold The Beyond on blu in stock for £24.99

I can then just go online and buy it for £14.99 and save £10 for another bluray.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Oh Christ on a bike .. is this problem still going on?!

Old 22nd March 2011, 04:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Result!

HMV today have got their stocks in (but not on the shelves yet, fingers out HMV Leeds!) and collected my ordered copy today. Fantastic package, very very very happy. It is the b/w version but I know thats going to be sorted.

And no, Im not rolling in cash, I just prefer in-store if possible!
Old 22nd March 2011, 05:37 PM
Cultist in Training

I contacted Arrow this morning and by the afternoon I got a confirmation that the replacement Bd is coming...

Thanks Laura and Co...you're customer service is second to none.
Old 5th April 2011, 03:12 PM
Cult Rookie

The HMV in Newcastle usually only buys one copy of these releases and wildy over charges for them (£23). I accept that if you want it 'now', then you will pay a couple of extra pounds to buy it in store, but paying £7 more than from the same company on the internet is madness(!) Do they want their stores to go bust and all their staff to be laid off just so that they can become an online retailer like Woolworths???
Old 5th April 2011, 05:33 PM
Cultist in Training

You might aswell wait for someone to sell it on Ebay via auction but if I were you don't buy it from HMV, £24.99 is just taking the mick.
Old 10th April 2011, 10:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

[QUOTE=Toonloon;140881]The HMV in Newcastle usually only buys one copy of these releases and wildy over charges for them (£23).[QUOTE]

Tell me about it and i can't imagine the relevant retailer's outlet in Gateshead's The Metro Centre being any better. There's a fellow forum member here and old pal of mine who informs me the HMV Arrow supply situation over in the Whitley Bay area is just as fan-unfriendly as the Newcastle equivalent.

Like this? Share it using the links below!