All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2011, 08:34 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I noticed the 'sync issue' but I put it down to Newman and Jones getting a little ahead of themselves and talking about things coming up as they know the film so well. At some point, at some point, I'll check it on that scene on the BD and the DVD and see if there's a difference.
Old 26th June 2011, 11:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The commentary could've gotten out of whack if they recorded it while watching the dvd instead of the blu-ray (different frame rates).
Old 27th June 2011, 05:50 AM
Cult Rookie

Damn. Too late to cancel my Amazon order now, it's gonna ship any time now. I was really hoping that this release would be free of glitches but if it has sound issues then I'm gonna be pretty grumpy.
Old 27th June 2011, 08:25 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
The commentary could've gotten out of whack if they recorded it while watching the dvd instead of the blu-ray (different frame rates).
That's very possible. I'm going to compare the two in the next couple of days to see what the difference is around that point.

At least it's not like I Spit on Your Grave where the film finishes before the commentaries!
Old 27th June 2011, 08:55 AM
Cultist

I was wary about buying this one, but took the plunge an put in my pre-order. Fingers crossed it's the odd few copies or there's a reissue if they all have the problem.
Old 27th June 2011, 05:16 PM
Cult Rookie

According to a review at AVForum...

Quote:
At louder levels, the track clearly distorts and crackles. The sound of thunder rumbling overhead as Johnny makes his doomed discovery back at the mansion does not come over all that well, the shrieking of Mrs. Berlusconi as she redecorates her apartment with gore sounds awfully molested and, of course, the incessant screaming from Nicolodi at the end, which should be a synapse-shredding highlight and does, indeed, seem fine until just after the credits begin to roll, is then also affected. This is a modest mix that shouldn't be stretched – it really isn't up to the task and the strain is all too evident at times.
Old 28th June 2011, 01:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Very unfortunately news
Old 28th June 2011, 05:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
Why? Because I am playing this on my Oppo BDP-95 which is connected via Analogue Out (no Pro Logic 2 here) on my receiver and a two channel stereo track should only be coming out of my front speakers. Other sound distortions occur on the front speakers occasionally throughout the film too.

I have vociferously defended my enjoyment of other Arrow releases on other forums in the past but I am very sorry, guys - this particular release does have issues...
Hi Limey. Great avatar btw.

I'm playing my disc through my PS3 which is connected via HDMI to my Sony KSR-STS360S. It's worrying to hear that level of distortion coming from my speakers. I'm no expert, but does anyone know if that is potentially damaging to the speakers?
Old 28th June 2011, 05:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm going to watch it all the way through tonight.
I'll post my thoughts here.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th June 2011, 05:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I didn't notice anything like that, but I'll give it another watch this week and see if I hear anything like that on the third viewing.

In the meantime, as this is just covering more technical aspects of their release, I'll merge with that thread.

Like this? Share it using the links below!